Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pro-Choice IS NOT pro-abortion!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 17 Replies

This topic is way overdone but I was just noticing some discussion going on about it so I thought I would chime in a little.

I just wanted to say that I am 100% PRO-CHOICE. Now, that does not mean I am pro-abortion. I wish less abortions would happen for sure. I wish that the only women using abortion were extreme cases like rape, or incest. NOT THAT I WANT WOMEN RAPED OR BE ABUSED BY INCEST, but you know what I mean. I wish all pregnancies were out of love and want, or surprise ( sometimes those surprises are good ).  The fact is, is that in the world we live in, those horrible things are going to happen and unless you want the moms dying or being harmed from back alley abortions, keeping them legal is the only way to keep women safe. I wish people would understand that. Some people are so blinded by their religion to see the gray area, its not a black and white issue. Its not right or wrong. Every case is not the same. You cant put a woman who sleeps aroung and has had 3 abortions on the same level as a woman who has been raped or a teenager who has suffered incest from her father. Its like apples and oranges.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lishes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I agree with you 100%.

katyuwf
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM

clapping

silvercrow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I agree Punkie

danie24
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM
I agree.

I read a study done a while ago about adoptive parents in the US. Something like 14% are pro-life. The rest of the population who adopts or fosters unwanted children are pro choice.

Pretty eye opening. The pro life movement are full if hypocrites.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Agreed. A lot of women who are pro-choice have not or would not have an abortion themselves. They do, however, want to protect other women from unsafe abortions. 

laura_2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM

bow down

1Giovanni
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Quoting danie24:

I agree.

I read a study done a while ago about adoptive parents in the US. Something like 14% are pro-life. The rest of the population who adopts or fosters unwanted children are pro choice.

Pretty eye opening. The pro life movement are full if hypocrites.

I think pro choice and pro life is not so black and white. I am against abortions, I really hate them, but I am pro choice. I do fight on the pro life part of things, trying to help women not to think they have to abort. I have helped many women when they have chosen not abort. Right now we have a young lady who is living with us, who is having a baby. I don't push them I just give the both sides of the coin.

I will vote for any law to give up abortions only because that would be the start of taking more rights away from us women.

Now I remember why I quote you, lol. I have adopted in the last 20 years.

MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Quoting katyuwf:

clapping

Punkie74
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I have to disagree. If you find abortion wrong and that they shouldn't be done you would be considered anti abortion. If you support women having abortions you are pro-abortion. You don't necessarily have to LIKE abortion but you are Pro-abortion.

Naturewoman4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Me too! I would also add, even if alot wont agree. That PRO-CHOICE IS NOT MURDER! everyone should be able to decide for themselves. AND NOT BE JUDGED. If a woman wasnt ready, birth c. failed or even if wasnt taken right, SHOULD have that choice. To me, I call that taken responsibility. When you cant afford a child, have a dead beat bf or he's not ready to be a dad, OR just emotionally your just not ready. I just feel its wrong to bring a child under those circumstances. Wrong for the child.

Quoting Lishes:

I agree with you 100%.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)