• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furniture Technician-Fair assumption or bullcrap?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

We bought a sofa less than 6 months ago. We are not pleased at all with the sofa. It is total crap. Well, the "technician" came out and took care of 2 of the issues we had with the sofa and basically told me the 3rd issue (a creaking noise) was nothing to worry about. Well, a few days later the front board on the frame broke. So he had to come back. Well, the place we bought the couch said the tech said it was from jumping on the couch. I don't even know where he got that. The person I spoke with said they were highly trained to tell that kind of thing. I think he assumed that b/c I have 2 toddlers that were there when he came to see the sofa and they knew that would void the warranty. They weren't even near the sofa when he was looking at it! I don't think it is a fair assumption b/c we hardly even allow the kids on the "new" couch! They have little people furniture they sit in. If they do sit they sit WITH us and we don't allow them to jump on it for sure. If they want to jump there is a kid sized trampoline outside.  I'm really irritated about the whole situation. For one I was hurt on this sofa b/c of the break and two if it falls apart in less than a year how the heck long is it gonna hold up?!?!?! I think they are just using the fact we have kids to get out of the warranty and stick us with a crappy, broken sofa! Do you think this was a fair assumption?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM

bullcrap

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Get a hold of the autorney general.

michelleinfl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I will have to do that b/c the more I think about it the madder I get!

LiesLiesLies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I can see in some cases they would make fair assumptions. I had this happen to an overweight friend..and sorry but I agreed with the company not fixing it. In the case that you just HAVE children...yeah I think its bullshit on their part.

blondiemomof2
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Yeah id fight it

Dardenella
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)