Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well now I feel like a total A$$....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was at belly dancing last night and we have some new students this session. I kept looking at one lady thinking how familiar she looks and had no clue why. I just got a FB message from her asking about if it gets easier... Holy crap!! She's my friend on FB!!! We met a while back at a playgroup for our kids, we got along well and she sent me a friend request. I wound up not staying in that play group so I really never saw her again other than posts on FB (Though we do have several mutual friends). Well long story short I feel like a total ass for 1) not recognizing her and 2) not really talking to her!! Ugh!! I really hate my crappy memory!!!

Just thought I'd update... She couldn't place me either. It was on her car ride home it finally clicked who I was!! I plan on making the extra effort next tuesday to be friendly and help her out in class!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
the.real.me
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM
She didnt say anything either, maybe you were both doing the same 'where the heck do I KNOW her from'... OR maybe she feels like an ass for not recognizing the woman who was staring at her in class! :) it probably looks like you recognized her
MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM
I agree! Or maybeshe thinks you were just shy???

Quoting the.real.me:

She didnt say anything either, maybe you were both doing the same 'where the heck do I KNOW her from'... OR maybe she feels like an ass for not recognizing the woman who was staring at her in class! :) it probably looks like you recognized her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM

well at least you now know who it was

Brandyh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Hahah apologize and see if she wants to do coffee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Let her know you knew her but couldn't place how you knew her. She'll understand!

harpsichord
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM

i would totally do something like that, so don't feel TOO bad lol

kitty8199
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I hate that when you know someone and you don't know where.  Especially when you have an idea, but you don't want to be like, "were you the drunk girl dancing on the bar last week"?

Punkie74
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM

OMG this reminds me of years ago I ran into a guy. We both recognized each other but totally couldn't place each other. He looks at me with this petrified look..."You weren't at the NCO Club last night were you?" By the look on his face I was thanking God I hadn't been!! LOL

Quoting kitty8199:

I hate that when you know someone and you don't know where.  Especially when you have an idea, but you don't want to be like, "were you the drunk girl dancing on the bar last week"?

Punkie74
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM

So glad I'm not the only one with "mommy brain!!" LOL

Quoting harpsichord:

i would totally do something like that, so don't feel TOO bad lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)