Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking While Tired = Bad Idea

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 21 Replies
Baking a cake when you're full and tired is a bad idea! Not only did I put one cup of oil MORE than the recipe calls for, but I also cracked the egg on the side of the sink and left it there (in the sink) instead of putting it in the mixing bowl. WITW!?! I still baked the cake...I'm curious to know how it will turn out.

What baking/cooking blunders have you made?? Let's share :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sllytnkrbl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I was tired and adding stew ingredients to the crock pot once and didn't notice until hours later that instead of adding the onion I added the peel and threw away the onion.

kitty8199
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I put a tablespoon instead of a tsp of baking powder, and it tasted like crap.  Still looked the same but nasty.  It was banana bread or some kind of sweet bread.

kitty8199
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

I was tired and adding stew ingredients to the crock pot once and didn't notice until hours later that instead of adding the onion I added the peel and threw away the onion.

Well you got some flavor from the onion at least, right.

I'm a BF, ERFing, CD, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, non CIO, Paramedic mom to a beautiful little girl!
1Giovanni
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I always bake when tired, my thing I always forget the suger. Cookies, pies and cakes don't do well without suger. lol

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Last week I was making cookies and doubled the sugar on accident but it didn't hit me until it was too late :( baaaaaad, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlssdMama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Lol....so my cake is done... one word to describe: MOIST.... Feels like a wet sponge in the middle and taste horrible :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimikylemama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I've never baked while tired.  I haven't really messed up any baking that I remember.

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I never bake while tired but I have had some blunders over the years.

Last one was forgot the egg in the brownie mix. Kids and DH said they still teasted good.

DH had a blunder the other day I keep my flour in the freezer and we keep DH's coffee in the freezer also. DH was half a sleep he grabbed what he thought was coffee but it was the flour he made a pot of flour water. ROFLMAO. Sad part is he didn't realize it till he had poured the coffee in the cup. DH gets up at 3am an he says he never really wakes up till the cup of coffee touches his lips LOL poor guy and to drink shop coffee which he says is really poorly made.

MaddiesMama09
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:20 AM
when I was 14, I was the designated babysitter for my neighborhood kids. One night, I was asked to watch them overnight. We had a pizza/movie night and I figured it would be fun to make peanut butter cookies. For WHATEVER reason, I put a 1/4 CUp of salt in the cookies instead of a 1/4 teaspoon. Oh my lord they were horrible!!! I blame the chaos that was going on with the youngest (2 year old with major diarrhea). My brain was clearly not functioning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlssdMama
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Thanks for sharing...nice to know I am not alone :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)