Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not enough time to myself

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 14 Replies
Im a single mom of 2 boys. One is 1 month old and the other is 2 1/2 yrs old. I have all these appts to go to because I have ppd and other medical concerns. I have to take both to ALL of my appts. Im constantly running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I cant keep up with everything. And by the end of the day..when they are in bed..Im too exhausted to have time alone. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ataemommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Start a babysitting coop. We all trade babysitting and never pay for it. We also can always get our hair done, go on dates and to medical appointments and find a sitter easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 AM

PRE-SCHOOL for your eldest and put the baby in a sling and go about your day.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:20 AM
The babysitting coop soundr like a good idea. My son isnt old enough for pre-school...not until next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM
I wish i had the money to get my hair done or get a manicure or something....I havent found another job yet. (Also just had a baby) And the father cant keep a job. I receive child support here and there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. Just do little things. Long bath after the little ones go to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Take advantage of their nap times.  Give yourself 15 or 20 minutes to read a newspaper or work a puzzle or pick at some hobby you love.  Or just close your eyes and let your mind go blank.  It will help.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Take advantage of their nap times.  Give yourself 15 or 20 minutes to read a newspaper or work a puzzle or pick at some hobby you love.  Or just close your eyes and let your mind go blank.  It will help.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM

i hear you it's rough. I have done the single mom thing. THOUGH I have to say I have it harder NOW then I did then LOL. I am caring for 5 kids all 8 and under. DH leaves her 4:30 am and does not get back untill 7 pm. I often have to take the kids to all my apointments. It was not coot to have to get a PAP with my step kids watching but I had no choice. their mom would not take them.

Ataemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I wish i had the money to get my hair done or get a manicure or something....I havent found another job yet. (Also just had a baby) And the father cant keep a job. I receive child support here and there.

Starting a coop saved my ass as a single mom. I had lawyer appointments, PA appointments, doctor appointments -- and then sometimes I just needed to get out of the house and take a breath. I've grown it into a large group with several members over 4 years.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Yeah.. I had to bring my 2 yr old to all of my ob appts when i was pregnant. Thankfully a nurse or social worker would take him to get stickers or some books to look at. His Dad went to maybe 3 appts total. WOW that is alot of kids! Sorry you had to bring that many to your appts. It can be very stressful bringing little ones to appts. Except for babies..they sleep alot. And they dont open every drawer in the dr room..pulling out speculums!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

i hear you it's rough. I have done the single mom thing. THOUGH I have to say I have it harder NOW then I did then LOL. I am caring for 5 kids all 8 and under. DH leaves her 4:30 am and does not get back untill 7 pm. I often have to take the kids to all my apointments. It was not coot to have to get a PAP with my step kids watching but I had no choice. their mom would not take them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)