Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Senior pics

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

Finally, getting them done in 10 days.  DD hates getting pictures taken.  I did the 1 hour 3-4 changes (probably 3) for her.  My oldest did 2 hours and did 4 changes but it was a different studio.  We need to decide some different poses or backgrounds we see on their website she likes.  They have to be to the yearbook teacher by December 23rd. This studio is much more reasonable than the one my oldest used.  The one my oldest used closed. 

Now we have to go shopping some and get some outfits.  She will wear only jeans which is what my oldest did.  I don't mind all casual pics.  She will get makeup done professionally and her hair done, and a pedicure and manicure. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM

We did DS back in the summer.  Boys are so easy.  He did Tux, cap and gown, and casual.  His school requires all formal for the yearbook.  I am sure that in 4 years when I have to get DD all set, she will be much more difficult than her brother!

Good luck with your session!

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Wow, formal for the yearbook?  Our kids can have anything within reason, posed with their car or animals or sports etc.  They don't have cap and gown so its impossible to do it unless I had my dd use her sisters.  I don't know where it is even, lol.  I told dd she could do a dress if she wanted but she said just jeans only. 

jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

this is his yearbook photo.

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that you are getting make up and hair professionally done, as well as the mani/pedi!! I'll have to remember that for my DD...She's only in Kindergarten though :)

jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM

It's a small Catholic High School - this ensures that no inappropriate clothing is worn!!

Quoting atlmom2:

Wow, formal for the yearbook?  Our kids can have anything within reason, posed with their car or animals or sports etc.  They don't have cap and gown so its impossible to do it unless I had my dd use her sisters.  I don't know where it is even, lol.  I told dd she could do a dress if she wanted but she said just jeans only. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I see, but they must have a strict dress code for the girls because lots of formal dresses are not appropriate like you are talking. 

Quoting jerzeetomato:

It's a small Catholic High School - this ensures that no inappropriate clothing is worn!!

Quoting atlmom2:

jerzeetomato
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

they wear black gowns with sleeves and an appropriate neck line.  At least they get a lot of leeway at prom time.

Quoting atlmom2:

I see, but they must have a strict dress code for the girls because lots of formal dresses are not appropriate like you are talking. 

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 13, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Went shopping and we have light and dark jeans, 4-5 different tops and will get a couple more so they can choose that they think will look good on different backgrounds. We will go to Kohls and see if anything stands out that may work also. 

Made her makeup appt. for Saturday morning. 

mommasboyz17
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Thats great When we got my sons senior pictures done we went to the city park and the whole family got in on some of them It was a blast..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 13, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Actually, this dd HATES pictures.  It will be a chore for her.  My other dd had a 1 1/2 hour senior pic time.  This dd thinks an hour is TOO much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)