Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not real sure where to post this

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

is there a link between autism and environment ? my 2 yr old not talking much,she likes to spin wheels, like on her stroller, she lines her bath duckies all up in a row. we have no friends with 2 yr olds to hang out with i dont know if she might have autism, or shes just not sociallized

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystaldawn_21
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM
She might. You should get in touch with your local eci program and they can screen her for you. Good luck!
Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Does she make eye contact?? I also read that some children with autism like to group colors together. My dd used to line things up across the back of her crib & she's fine. How much does she talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

She might. You should get in touch with your local eci program and they can screen her for you. Good luck!

i will tell them about the spinning wheels hubby has aspergers so when she hit 2 and wasnt talking i got refered to the ei program i see them again about speech on the 17 i think

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM

My dd didn't talk much till her 2 yo b'day and she is fine.  She was socialized a lot though and my dd talked to her constantly, lol. 

mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

Does she make eye contact?? I also read that some children with autism like to group colors together. My dd used to line things up across the back of her crib & she's fine. How much does she talk

yes when she needs something she will come over, and take my hand and pull me to the bathroom or the kitchen

Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM
That's a good sign. Also if they show emotion like laughing crying etc that's a good sign. You might want to talk to her Pedi about it just to be sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

That's a good sign. Also if they show emotion like laughing crying etc that's a good sign. You might want to talk to her Pedi about it just to be sure

yes, but she'll sometimes laugh for no apperent reason

Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about that sometimes they just do that somethings funny that we just don't understand. Good luck mama try not to stress too much.

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

yes, but she'll sometimes laugh for no apperent reason

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:35 AM

LOL. No. That's normal two year old stuff.

Cafe Denise
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

HI! 

You can also check with the Moms in this group.

Autism: Support Across the Spectrum

They may be able to lead you in the right direction.

Hope you have a great night!

Denise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)