Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a pro-lifer?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you care about children in foster care?

Options:

Yes. I support local orphanages with my time and/or money

No, I only care while babies are in the womb

Yes

No

No, Im too busy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

I was wondering how othersfelt. I just read a Planed parenthood story/post thing, LOL. Im not basing this off of everyone but the PLs I know never donate time or money to help the orphans they are helping to create. By trying to stop or discourage abortions the number of children in adoption is sure to increase. Personally I wanted to abort my child I damn sure dont want to be a parent. I would give my baby up and add to the numbers.

Now personally Im pro choice, in most cases. I just dont think we should add to the number of childing in foster care (500,000+). Bellow are some statistics on FC children

• 54 % earn a high school diploma
  • 2% earn a Bachelor’s degree or higher
  • 84% become parents too soon, exposing their children to a repeated cycle of neglect and abuse
  • 51% are unemployed
  • 30% have no health insurance
  • 25% experience homelessness
  • 30% receive public assistance

According to a survey of foster care alumni conducted by Casey Family Programs, 13 percent reported being homeless at least once since being discharged. Further, fully 15 percent of the alumni reported being arrested since leaving foster care. "When the system fails, the children are very likely to move out of the system into the juvenile justice system, into the welfare system, into the adult criminal justice system," says Richard Gelles, dean of the University of Pennsylvania's School of Social Work and one of the authors of the 1997 Adoption and Safe Families Act.

These statistics are alarming to me. As a pro-lifer do you look at these statistics?
What do you do to help these children?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyBbie.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Good Question! Good Post, Honestly as a Pro'Lifer these kinds of things sometimes make me think why some women should just abort!
Its funny i was just talking to my Co'Worker about this last nite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

popcorn

I am 100% pro choice, but rather than comment farther, I am just sitting back and waiting for the fireworks that are sure to come. 

Miss-B
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm pro life for myself. I can't control what other people do, but I don't support abortion. It's murder!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaf0531
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a good question. I have one for the other side as well there are numerous studies that states women who have had an abortion are six times more likely to commit sucide. Who helps these women are you on call for when they reach out do you spend money and time for these women. I am just saying that it is always easier to throw stones at people but look at yourself before judging other people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassnadrajones
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

popcorn

I am 100% pro choice, but rather than comment farther, I am just sitting back and waiting for the fireworks that are sure to come. 

Is that popcorn butter flavored? If so, Id be willing to share my oreos for a few handfuls.

Mom2theboy1994
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM
I am extremely pro-choice. But I do give my time and money to a local outreach that helps at risk kids that are in the foster care system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lette_with_2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM

i am pro choice but i do care about kids in foster care. me and my df have talked about being foster parents when we get on our feet. we have 2 girls of our own but i would love to give foster kids the love and support they need for the time they are in foster care.

cassnadrajones
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Kaf0531:

This is a good question. I have one for the other side as well there are numerous studies that st as te women who have had an abortion are six times more likely to commit sucide. Who helps these eomen are you on call for when they reach out do you spend money and time for these women. I am just saying that it is always easier to throw stones at people but look at yourself before judging other people.

Did I say I judge them?

I said i am pro choice in most cases. After  you have had numerous abortions I can no longer say I support you.

SunflowerMom10
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My family has fostered and I have an adopted sister. When I get back on my feet I plan to mentor older kids. Here are so many opportunities for foster kids! They all have free school from the state that most of them don't know about!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaf0531
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:12 PM
I would also like to add I have helped with women who struggled with the choice of abortion and after they had I help them deal with their feelings afterwards. This is a major life changing decision that many women cannot handle. I have known to many women that commited sucide from this. I do not judge and have gone through the pain with them. Well atleast as much as I could. Both choices can lead to horrible conclusions. So I ask that neither side should judge the other.

Quoting Kaf0531:

This is a good question. I have one for the other side as well there are numerous studies that states women who have had an abortion are six times more likely to commit sucide. Who helps these women are you on call for when they reach out do you spend money and time for these women. I am just saying that it is always easier to throw stones at people but look at yourself before judging other people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)