Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about circumcision?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM
  • 220 Replies

I was just watching a Atlanta house wives commercial and Kim S stated "She did want her son wearing a turtleneck". Now normally I think she is completely odd but it got me thinking. What would  have done. Im lucky I dont have a boy. I think we would have gotten his foreskin removed just for looks. But hay that just us. 

How about you?

Also, do you think parents should be allowed to remove pieces of their child's body? 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

It's genital mutilation.

Foreskin is there for many, many reasons. Sexual and protective.

LiesLiesLies
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:03 PM
I don't have a boy. I haven't thought about. It's not really on my radar of things I care about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM
It's a personal choice. And people that inquire and or comment on the condition of another kids penis is sex offender status, IMO. (Not you OP. Just in general. I'm sure you've seen the type here on CM).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I had it done .... I don't regret it..... It is the norm..... and as for as Health reasons.....There is no reason not to have it done. It is a personal choice of what you want for your child....

I wanted it...and therefore.....We did it.

luv2nap
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

the foreskin has no purpose.... and can cause issues if the child is not clean and if this man wants to serve our country they will do it to him when he enlists... ouch!!!  Most choose to have sons look as daddy does.... I have never had an uncirced partner.... so my one son is without the turtleneck! 

KitschyGirl
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it should be illegal for parents to decide that for their sons unless medically necessary. I think the decision should lie with the person who has the penis. Just my opinion. 

KitschyGirl
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Every part of the body serves a purpose.

Quoting luv2nap:

the foreskin has no purpose.... and can cause issues if the child is not clean and if this man wants to serve our country they will do it to him when he enlists... ouch!!!  Most choose to have sons look as daddy does.... I have never had an uncirced partner.... so my one son is without the turtleneck! 

Photobucket
JLo1486
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
That's reaching if I ever saw it. Lol

Quoting LyTe684:

It's a personal choice. And people that inquire and or comment on the condition of another kids penis is sex offender status, IMO. (Not you OP. Just in general. I'm sure you've seen the type here on CM).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM
What the hell are you talking about?? Lol my husband enlisted entact and with no issues lmao

Quoting luv2nap:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

So like, I dated a soccer player from Mexico....and he was not circumcised....I was completely and utterly grossed out...and that was the end of it. Nasty...and as I remember that from many many moons ago...I would not put my ds in that position.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)