Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amoxicillin

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM
  • 14 Replies
I was diagnosed with strep throat on Wednesday. Dr gave me amoxicillin and ibuprofen. I've taken the amoxicillin dozens of times in my life and I've never gotten sick from it. But for whatever reason, I can't keep any food down :( sorry this may be tmi- but I also have diarrhea and have gone like 8 times today. Wtf?! Dr is closed till Monday... I want to stop taking these pills but I know im supposed to take them till they're gone. My throat is fine, I feel fine, other than this stomach shit (literally). What would u do? Stop taking the pills? I just want to feel normal lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM

id call an ask a nurse see what they say

danie24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM
My daughter is on Amoxicillin right now for an ear infection.

On the prescription info it says to talk to your doctor or seek medical assistance if you experience vomiting and/ or diarrhea (and a list of other things, too).

What does yours say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RTXmommy06
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Well I'm an idiot and I threw the paperwork away bc I've taken this medicine so many times I didn't think i would need it.. The bottle just says take with food. Food scares me right now lol. But I've made sure to eat something with every dose.. Ugh. I'm going to google it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Sometimes the thowing up is from the strep and not the medicine.  How many days have you been on the meds?  Did you get sick right after or days after?  Sounds like you could have a stomach bug possibly along with the strep. 

RTXmommy06
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM
I think I do have a stomach bug :( I don't know. It's just the pooping that's driving me nuts lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Antibiotics will give you diarrhea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Just make sure you keep the fluids coming, lots of water so you don't dehydrate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM
And, how many days you have left of taking it ? If you don't finish what was prescribed there's a chance it might come back. But, if you're sure its the med - and just can't take it anymore ,I would just stop taking it. If you can't contact your Dr. Call your local pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM
I've never taken my full prescription of antibiotics... Doctors don't wanna give them out anymore here, weird. Not even for my son' s ear infection.

I don't think your sick from the pills.
I also don't know how much of prescription you took, but if you've been on them a couple days, you should be all set.

Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)