Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you met someone famous but didn't know who they were...?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM
  • 30 Replies

how would you react?

I Don't care for celebrities like most people do. I watch tv, listen to music, but really if I were to run into someone I saw on television or listened to on the radio, I wouldn't really care all that much. But even more, I probably wouldn't be able to identify them.

So I was at the place I work and talking to one of the clients for a good while and the woman said: wow, you REALLY have NO idea who I am do you?

Now, my internal thought to that was: how arrogant of you to say that outloud. Who are you that you think I would know you? Then I nicely say: no, I am sorry. I do not.

The funny thing is, SHE did not TELL me who she was after that, nor did I ask because I honestly did not care.

So that was about a month ago and today I see a sale in my thing for a decent amount so I go back to see who it was for and sure enough it was her. So now I am curious and ask around and aparently she is some reality tv star.. which makes it even stupider if you ask me. I could care EVEN LESS for reality tv.. If she is doing some humanitarian work then great.. otherwise? why do I care who she thinks she is. I am glad she did not tell me that day who she was because I would have told her I didn't care, and probably lost the chance at the big sale she brought me.

ANYWAYYYY... how would YOUUU react if you met someone famous but did not know who they were. Think of any scenario you can, that you find out they are famous... but YOU just don't know of them. how would you react? Would you say anything to them?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbasmom0917
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Saw the guy that played Freddy in Italy once. We didn't even act like we knew him. They are people just like us. I ain't going up to the old lady at Wal-Mart to say hello, so why would I do that to someone famous?

Punkie74
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Huh... who the hell are you talking about???

jlmulrey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM

some lady on a reality tv show. i dont know who she is. my question is: what would you do if it happened to you

Quoting Punkie74:

jlmulrey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

yea exactly. But by this ladys reaction, it was clear she WANTED to be noticed. I guess that what happens with REALITY tv

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

Saw the guy that played Freddy in Italy once. We didn't even act like we knew him. They are people just like us. I ain't going up to the old lady at Wal-Mart to say hello, so why would I do that to someone famous?

wanderinglady
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched this happen to my sister.  We live in LA and were invited to a party by a friend.  My sister saw this guy, walked up to him and said hi.  The guy gave her a big smile and said, "Yes, I am [insert name of celebrity who was very popular in the '70s here]."  My sister said, "Oh, I'm sorry.  I thought you were someone I went to high school with!"

Punkie74
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM

That's why I asked who you were talking about... I'm not up on Hollywood let alone reality shows... That's whay I want to know who you are talking about... to see it the "average joe" knows who it is.

Quoting jlmulrey:

some lady on a reality tv show. i dont know who she is. my question is: what would you do if it happened to you

Quoting Punkie74:

krystaldawn_21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I got to meet Tyra Banks once. I knew who she was and I knew I was meeting her but I didnt get all giddy. She was nice though. If I met someone that was famous that I didnt recognize though I probably wouldnt care either. Yea its cool but its just another person to me.
jlmulrey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I dont' remeber her name and couldn't tell you what tv show shes from, if shes the star.. what channel its on, what the shows about or anything like that. All I remember off the top of my head is that she has 2 first names... (my dad says you can never trust a person with 2 first names). But I never cared to look any more into it. I DO have to say that she was a really SWEET person so I would have never pegged her as a reality tv person and for someone I met hours after giving birth she looked really good (And not unnaturally so meaning it wasn't because she had put on makeup or anything like that, she was just one of those rare moms who gets to look good after birth.. that makes every other mom on earth hate her for it!)

Quoting Punkie74:

That's why I asked who you were talking about... I'm not up on Hollywood let alone reality shows... That's whay I want to know who you are talking about... to see it the "average joe" knows who it is.

Quoting jlmulrey:

Quoting Punkie74:

jlmulrey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM

thats so funny. Speaking of the 70s.. my friend was a paramedic and the girl with the red hair from that 70s show used to get calls to her house all the time for another person in her home and aparently was a real Bitch about people not knowing who she was. I am not sure the truth behind that though.

Quoting wanderinglady:

I watched this happen to my sister.  We live in LA and were invited to a party by a friend.  My sister saw this guy, walked up to him and said hi.  The guy gave her a big smile and said, "Yes, I am [insert name of celebrity who was very popular in the '70s here]."  My sister said, "Oh, I'm sorry.  I thought you were someone I went to high school with!"

Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
My family owns a valet company I met Tom Cruse (sp) as he yelled do you know who I am I said yes a prick! He was all hot cause he parked with us but wrong party! I also met Patrick Swayze he gave me 100 bucks to "lose" Toms car! He was sweet but honestly they are people! I saw the guy from the original manhunter movie the killer I knew who he was and it surprised him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)