Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Back....With news...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 16 Replies

I just wanted to post an update for those who who have been following my nephew's journey with Burkitts Lymphoma. I got home from Michigan last night. While I was there they determined the cancer was NOT in his spinal fluid or bone marow and only located in two nodes which is completely atypical for this form of cancer. This is good news and also a little worrysome. The cancer usually responds quickly to treatment but the fact that it isn't behaving like it normally does has us praying it responds like it's suppose to.

My nephew has been doing awesome through all this. He has an awesome attitude and just wants everything done and overwith. He has also been on top of his own treatment asking the doctors questions even I wouldn't have thouht to ask!!

My sister on the other hand is a mess. My nephew even said once that watching his mother was worse than having cancer.

Anyway... he started chemo last night and am waiting to hear how he tolerated it.

Thank you again to everyone who has kept him in their thoughts and prayers!!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughsAlot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

hugsWow, your nephew is an amazing young man, such courage & strength, I'm sorry your sister is not handling it very well I'll be saying prayers for her & your nephew & you & your family as well, thanks for the update, & remember, we're here for you anytime you need us!!!

ffirsttimemommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Best wishes to him, and your family. I hope he is healthy again soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad there is some light in all of this. Hope he makes a quick recovery and it responds to the chemo. 

Cindy18
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

hugging

LyTe684
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Seems like the kids always handle it better than the moms... At least my son does when he's in the hospital. I'm so glad to hear he's staying positive and fighting. Sounds like a good guy! Keeping you all in my thoughts! *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

will continue with the prayers for all concerned

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for keeping us posted. I am glad to hear such good news...I will be keeping him and your sister in my thoughts and prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)