• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o of sign post What was the worst punishment you even recieved from your parents?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 33 Replies

Did you learn from it and would you do the same to your own kids today?

My worse punishment was when my Mom and Gmom caught my Aunt (we are the same age) and myself trying to smoke one of my gdads cigars. They got us a whole pack each and said sit here and smoke them they even lit them for us. I remember getting green and sick from inhaling when I should not have and never wanting to smoke again in my life. Neither my aunt or myself smoke to this day either.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I got spanked a few times as a kid, slapped once even. Never really had rules past age 8ish and so I never got punished.

momofqxb
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I never really got punished. I can remember one time my mom beat my ass. Mostly we just got our noses put in the corner. If it was for fighting we had to sit on the couch and hug for said amount of time. My brother is 18 months older than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toomsie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I don't really recall...oh wait. My mom brought me home from the hostel for a long weekend. It was a thursday and the weekend would stretch until tuesday. The minute we got home I snuck around the corner for a quick smoke. My mom picked that moment to come around said corner. She was SO MAD! She made me grab my suitcase (dirty washing and all) and drove back to the hostel without speaking one word with me. She dropped me off at the hostel without clean clothes or any pocket money (couldn't buy smokes if I didn't have money huh?) and left. She only picked me up the following friday.

It didn't work though, by then I'd been smoking too long and was addicted.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM
A hostel?

Quoting Toomsie:

I don't really recall...oh wait. My mom brought me home from the hostel for a long weekend. It was a thursday and the weekend would stretch until tuesday. The minute we got home I snuck around the corner for a quick smoke. My mom picked that moment to come around said corner. She was SO MAD! She made me grab my suitcase (dirty washing and all) and drove back to the hostel without speaking one word with me. She dropped me off at the hostel without clean clothes or any pocket money (couldn't buy smokes if I didn't have money huh?) and left. She only picked me up the following friday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof52011
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I was refusing to go to my grandmother's once and my mom dragged me down the stairs and out of the house by my hair, literally ripping it out and all. She'd never even laid a hand on me before so that was pretty shocking to me - she never apologised - not sure if this is counted as a punishment but it was horrible. I think I still harbour some sort of small dislike toward her because of it... She never touched me again and just pretended it never happened. Weird :|

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Toomsie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

A hostel?

Quoting Toomsie:

Oh in South Africa we call them hostels - where students stay in university or when they get sent away to school?

AmyR13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

my punishments were not having friends over or going out with friends for a week..even when i got caught drinking at school that was it lol

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Ohhh ok

Quoting Toomsie:

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

A hostel?

Quoting Toomsie:

Oh in South Africa we call them hostels - where students stay in university or when they get sent away to school?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
My dad gave me a black eye and other various bruises.
My youngest brother (same dad, different mom) shared a room with one of my step brothers. One night, all the boys were at their dads and little brother didn't want to sleep alone.
I refused to sleep with him and as a result, my dad beat me for it. I was 16. I ended up sleeping in my brothers bed with him that night. I was too scared not too to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
My parents nor grandparents ever punished me. They talked to me like an adult and kept calm. It wasn't til I was 15 and my mom kinda lost her mind after my parents divorced that I got "punished". My mom thought I told my dad something about her or his lawyers. She beat me with a flyswatter. I had to push her away and run out of the house to make her stop. I would never use a flyswatter on my kids. I'm perfectly fine with popping mouths and bottoms when talking just wont work but never flat out beating with something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)