• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DR thinks I have a raw food intolerance TMI

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

EVERYTIME I eat raw veggies I am in the bathroom for the rest of the day in pain. The more I try to eat veggies the worse it gets. (i had to go shopping yesturday. A 20 min trip lasted an hour and a half!) I am fine when I Boil my veggies. (Roasted still kill me) I thought veggies were suposed to be good for you!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

That is something I never heard of. Wow.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Sounds like maybe you do have a food intolerance to raw foods, which sucks. I have a food intolerance to garlic and onions. I have found that mine is reduced or eliminated entirely if I treat it like a full on allergy and take Benadryl prior to eating those foods. I wonder if that would work for your intolerance, too?

erinsmom1964
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Have you tried probiotics?  It could be that simple that you don't have proper good bacteria to help you digest your food.  If you try them look for powder and HIGH bacteria counts....I think you'll be amazed.  

My DD was having serious digestion problems to the point she was hospitalized.  As they were getting ready to do it again  her pedi suggested we try probiotics first and within a few hours we saw a tremendous difference and no new hospitalization.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)