Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Flowers.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

Are there any PA mommas in this group?

I need some help doing my wedding flowers.

We were gonna go with this one place, but they want 939. And we can't afford that.

And I have no idea how to put together flowers.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Think outside the box when it comes to flowers. Are you talking bouquets or table centerpieces? And what are your colors?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angiemamma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
i'm not using flowers. I did in my first wedding and it was way to over rated. I like roses so i may have to make a fake rose boquet. But thats it. I dont really want to even do that but to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Think outside the box when it comes to flowers. Are you talking bouquets or table centerpieces? And what are your colors?

Bouquets.

I only have to do my girls. I won mine.

My colors are penn state blue and white.

So I was thinking like 6 white open roses, and then take blue diamond picks and putting them in the bouquets.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

$900 for just bouquets?  You can do things way cheaper than that for sure, even with florist doing them.  Make them much smaller, more greens etc. 

Mom2Addison12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

$900 for just bouquets?  You can do things way cheaper than that for sure, even with florist doing them.  Make them much smaller, more greens etc. 

That's for the girl's bouquets, the mens things, the mothers pins.

And then the gezabo that we have at the ceremony site.

The thing is, I hate greens, I hate baby breath.

But I think we are going to go silk, I know people don't like that idea, but I figured it's cheaper, and the girls will wanna keep their flowers so.

SunnyJoJo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

A friend of mine did silk flowers, got some of the green "tape" stuff they wrap the stems with, and put together some bouquets with all of us bridesmaids. It was a fun project for all of us and it's alot easier then you think. They turned out very nice and looked real in the photos. I think it cost her a total of $30 for herself, maid of honor, and 4 bridesmaids.
They made something different for the mother's and the men's boutineers they used a single real flower. I think that cost her another $30. So she spent $60 or less on flowers.

Just bust out a glue gun and get in touch with your crafty side! You can totally do it for less then $900.

What is a PA momma?

Elyce225
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Wow that is really expensive.

My dad is a florist and I grew up with flowers.  Are you dead set on roses?  How about hydrangeas?  They are cheaper (you can go to a whole sale flower thing and get them and assemble them yourself) and *I* think are way prettier.  They have beautiful blue and white ones.  My sister had them in her wedding and they were beautiful.  I'll show you a picture.  For the tables they were in these cute blue and white buckets.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I did have a bouquet but for bridesmaids I made something. I took a clear wine glass and glued a candle (in my color) inside. Then I took a silk flower vine and hot glued it up the stem and wrapped it around the glass in the opposing color. It was gery elegant and definitely different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM

The state PA.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

A friend of mine did silk flowers, got some of the green "tape" stuff they wrap the stems with, and put together some bouquets with all of us bridesmaids. It was a fun project for all of us and it's alot easier then you think. They turned out very nice and looked real in the photos. I think it cost her a total of $30 for herself, maid of honor, and 4 bridesmaids.
They made something different for the mother's and the men's boutineers they used a single real flower. I think that cost her another $30. So she spent $60 or less on flowers.

Just bust out a glue gun and get in touch with your crafty side! You can totally do it for less then $900.

What is a PA momma?

Mom2Addison12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quoting bmw29:

I did have a bouquet but for bridesmaids I made something. I took a clear wine glass and glued a candle (in my color) inside. Then I took a silk flower vine and hot glued it up the stem and wrapped it around the glass in the opposing color. It was gery elegant and definitely different.

Pic??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)