Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I am so angry I cried :(

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

We have an ongoing issue with ADT since September.  Basically they installed a bad motion detector and they are still making us pay for it.  We have since switched alarm companies and I even paid for the darn bill ($225.20 total) with my credit card and won my dispute.  I agreed to pay for the service call, but NOT the motion detector.  American Express agreed with me and ADT never answered them, so they ruled in my favor.  But wait, the story doesn't end happily.  I got a freaking bill from ADT for the remaining $170.20.  Everytime I call, they put me in transfer hell where everyone tells me they can't help me. 

I am SO frustrated I just broke down and cried.

banging head into wall

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Pull all your paperwork on it together and make copies of everything. Did you get a letter from American Express saying that they sided with you? Send a registered letter to the president of ADT with all copies and tell him that you are also copying the Better Business Bureau and your State Attorney General. Then do it.

jerzeetomato
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

And also get American Express involved - they should have notified ADT of the dispute resolution in your favor.  Definitely make a complaint to the BBB and your state's Consumer Fraud Division.

Quoting BL2010:

Pull all your paperwork on it together and make copies of everything. Did you get a letter from American Express saying that they sided with you? Send a registered letter to the president of ADT with all copies and tell him that you are also copying the Better Business Bureau and your State Attorney General. Then do it.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I had a HUGE problem with ADT when I bought my house.  The previous owners had an outstanding balance, and DH and I had ADT unintalled and went with Brinks Home Security.  ADT sent us bills, even got the bills switched from teh previous owner's names to OUR NAMES somehow.

We had to get a lawyer to prove we'd never signed a contract...Luckily our local small claims court made ADT pay for the lawyer.  We wouldn't have hired him except ADT messed up our credit with their stupid games.

Basically, ADT has a "central office" and then contracts out to smaller offices.  You need to deal with the local contractors who dealt with you, AND the main office, preferably in a conference call so everybody can hear everybody.  It might also help to have your American Express reps in on the call.

potgieter
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

im from South Africa and my family considered hiring a gang of BIIIG men to go yell at them about our account... we paid for things they didnt even install and they wouldnt let us cancel the subscription because it was a 2 year commitment even though we moved house! ( so we would need to get a new account for the new house) 

ADT sucks all over the world!!!

ColieO
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I bet mentioning your lawyer would clear the problem up real fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
apollothor
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Do you have a TV news show that helps the public, like for example, we have "Help Me Howard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)