Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with our govt? They really are stupid.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

Authorities say a convicted killer who gained notoriety for having a murder scene tattooed on his chest received unemployment benefits while he was in jail. 

Sheriff's Capt. Mike Parker said Saturday that Anthony Garcia, nicknamed "Chopper," received more than $30,000 in fraudulent unemployment while in Los Angeles County jail from 2008 to 2010.

Parker says Garcia's father and two girlfriends would get the checks then cash them and deposit the money in the inmate accounts of Garcia and fellow gang members.

Garcia's father 47-year-old Juan Garcia, and girlfriends 45-year-old Sandra Jaimez and 25-year-old Cynthia Limas, were arrested Thursday on charges including grand theft.

Parker says authorities have not decided whether to charge Garcia.

He was convicted of the 2004 killing of a gang rival in Pico Rivera. The evidence against him included a tattoo on his chest of the crime scene.

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

How do you apply and keep getting unemployment when you are in jail?  The govt. really checks out people or continues to?  NOT. 

LiesLiesLies
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Probably the same way my Bio sister has collected welfare and cash assistance for over 10 years.

Quoting atlmom2:

How do you apply and keep getting unemployment when you are in jail?  The govt. really checks out people or continues to?  NOT. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Isn't there a cap on that? I've got it and my IU was in weeks not years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsieb84
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Can I get that much unemployment?? Seriously mine capped at way less than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Haven't they extended and extended and extended again unemployment????  That is what I always read has happened the past few years. 

jerzeetomato
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

It has been extended so much I can't count the money my younger brother has received in the last few years.  My neice just turned 2 and I know he was collecting well before his girlfriend got pregnant.  Unemployment is supposed to help tide you over, not be your full time job.

Quoting atlmom2:

Haven't they extended and extended and extended again unemployment????  That is what I always read has happened the past few years. 

maciymommieof3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

can you say "we are screwed".................. they operate with their heads up their asses.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No matter who is elected at the state and federal level, they all suck and lie to get elected and do whatever the hell they want to do. 

yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I agree with you all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

this

Quoting maciymommieof3:

can you say "we are screwed".................. they operate with their heads up their asses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)