Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why did she do that

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM
  • 18 Replies
Oh my friend was trying to set me up with a guy, but didn't tell me. She told him all about me but didn't tell me about him. He contacted me on fb. He thought she told me about him. I wish she told me first. I was talking to him on some messages before he brought that up. He isn't attractive. Don't people ask if you think someone is cute first? Now how do I. say, not interested bc I'm not attracted to you? I did tell him she didn't tell me she was hooking us up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grlofhalloween
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Just say u have too much going on and are not looking for a relationship. Tell him srry. That is weird tho...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I know. She did ask if I liked having guy friends. I said yes, then he contacted me. I don't really have time.
Thing is I've been talking to her about a guy I am interested in.

Quoting grlofhalloween:

Just say u have too much going on and are not looking for a relationship. Tell him srry. That is weird tho...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connie04
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I agree with the first response.  Your friend should have asked you first if you'd be interested.  That would only be the polite way to do it.  When you're single, I think some people assume you're so desperate to be with someone, you'll take anything - lol!!

kitty8199
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I guess that's what it is, lol. Yes, I'm single. Yes, id like to not be, but I'm looking for certain things. I'm college educated and want the same. I don't want a smoker. He does own a home, but it isn't where id want to live. So what happens? We get married and I tell him to sell it?

Quoting Connie04:

I agree with the first response.  Your friend should have asked you first if you'd be interested.  That would only be the polite way to do it.  When you're single, I think some people assume you're so desperate to be with someone, you'll take anything - lol!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tana13us
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

just say not interested

TigressLily
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Well she should have told you about him, but looks aren't everything... that's kind of shallow... I'd rather have a guy that's not so physically attractive but be the best possible to me, treat me well etc., than a hot jerk..... Get to know him first and then if you end up liking him even if it's just for a friend then you can tell him you like him as a friend, and least that way it wouldn't be rude and you may find a whole new side of things at the same time.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks aren't everything but no matter how sweet someone is, if there is no physical attraction it won't work. That isn't shallow. I don't expect him to be hot, I can't be with someone I think isn't attractive at all. Physical attraction is a factor in a relationship.

Quoting TigressLily:

Well she should have told you about him, but looks aren't everything... that's kind of shallow... I'd rather have a guy that's not so physically attractive but be the best possible to me, treat me well etc., than a hot jerk..... Get to know him first and then if you end up liking him even if it's just for a friend then you can tell him you like him as a friend, and least that way it wouldn't be rude and you may find a whole new side of things at the same time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I would tell her the truth, you are not interested.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Well I want to but if I do it now he will know its bc of looks bc I don't know him. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I would tell her the truth, you are not interested.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

tell him you are not looking right now and even if you were youd see him more as a friend and not a date. tell him you can talk to him as a friend but also make it clear it won tgo any further then the ball is in his court!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)