Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

At what age (for the children) is it inappropriate for the parents to kiss them on their lips?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think 5 or 6

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Kimi258
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 girls, ages 13, 9, and two 7 year olds. My 9 yr old is the only one who doesn't like it so I only get one from her when she is feeling generous. They always give me kisses and hugs before I leave the house, everytime. My 9 yr old kisses my cheek though.

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:04 AM
6 moms liked this
I have never liked the kissing on the lips, my MIL was doing it to my DD even though she never did it with her own kids, good she stopped after I made a comment. But I agree with, if you do it, when the kids feel uncomfortable, why to force the issue?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM
12 moms liked this
I don't think its ever innapropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM
20 moms liked this
When they turn 110.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM
10 moms liked this
This. I'm almost 30 and I still kiss my parents on their lips, my Gappy (grandmother) too! My oldest is nearly 13 and he still kisses me on the lips.

Quoting Dinimon:

I don't think its ever innapropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This. As long as neither mom or child are uncomfortable, who cares?

My kids are 5,3 and 2. I can only imagine how hurt my 5 year old would be if I only kissed him on the cheek from now on.

Quoting BraysMama08:

I think it's whatever they're comfortable with, it's a peck... there is nothing inappropriate about that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM
7 moms liked this

I am not sure if it's ever not appropriate as my mom is 70 & I still kiss her on the lips. I think it would all depend on how the kiss is a quick smack I think is fine.

lostosbourne
by Audi on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM
17 moms liked this

In my family we ALL hug and kiss each other still. Mom, dad, grandparents, siblings, kids, aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone. There is nothing wrong with it and its how our family shows love. I couldnt imagine not doing that. It would just be weird for us.

Mz.Mary1
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

i never ever do ....i feel uncomfortable even when i accidently do

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
amirahsmommy11
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm 24 and I still kiss my mommy on the lips....I don't think its innapropriate. I don't kiss my dad on the lips tho never did even when I was little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)