Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

At what age (for the children) is it inappropriate for the parents to kiss them on their lips?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think 5 or 6

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Replies (51-60):
katie_knight010
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM

never!!!!

wilesmomma
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 22 and I still kiss my mom on the lips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:16 AM

NEVER

merandaobrien
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I don't think it is inappropriate unless someone feels uncomfortable. I don't kiss my mom on the lips anymore, I think I stopped when I was like 15. I will kiss my kids on the lips until they turn their cheek at me. And that day will probably break my heart a little! lol 

busymom64064
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

i would say whenever they start to become uncomfortable. LOL my 2 year old LOVES his kisses from mommy :-) lol sometimes i say cheek when he tries to kiss me but then he very seriously looks at me and says "NO....... ON THE LIPS MOMMY!!"

sexi_nana
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:29 AM
4 moms liked this

AMEN TO THAT!

Quoting neecue50:

well mine are  35 29 and 21    they  still get a peck  and always will ,and they would look strangely at me  if i stopped

and they are  males

its not a full on pash , nothing sexual ,  for godsake people these are your CHILDREN , and you are not  pedophile , sometime i thing parents should stop over thinking things ,

Kristanene
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm almost 29 and still kiss my mommy and my grandma on the lips, and I hug and kiss my step-grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins on the cheek.  Hell, I even hug my mother-in-law *gasp*. LOL  My son is 5, and he gets a ton of snuggles, hugs, and kisses on the lips, cheek, head, belly, toes, and hands...although sometimes I miss and hit his ear if he's squirmy.  My child is extremely cuddly and affectionate, as are DH and I, and my entire family.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'd feel unloved otherwise!

Little12007
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Funny I ask because I was just thinking about making a post earlier. Lol my pumpkin is 5 & she still peck kisses me on the lips so I guess she's still comfortable with it. & I will continue to let her show me how much she loves me with a smooch until she starts feeling uncomfortable. :) lol
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kaliary
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm probably the weird one here... I don't like kisses on the lips at ANY age.... that's special between a husband and a wife, and that's it.... not for children... and it bothers me quite a bit when my mother kisses my son (who is five) on the lips... 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

IepurasRoz
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i give my 4 year old DD an occasional quick kiss on the lips - my dh dosnt do it and thats fine - if she gets to an age where she dosnt like it then i stop. i never over think this and i'd never make my kids do anything they dont like. each family to their own customs. i respect that :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)