CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
When DD was not quite 14 months. DH had gone to a fertility clinic for a few years before we were blessed with her. As we were older and did not want to but ourselves through that stress each month again. As I am on medication that negates the pill and we figured it would not happen on its own and she would be our only child. DH went on travel for work so needless to say I was tired. DD got sick and when I called her pediatrician, she said a stomach virus was going around. DD started getting better a few hours later and was all better in a day and a half. After I called the doctor I started to feel sick. I just thought it was the same thing. I did not get better, but I didn't get worse either. After DH came home he and I decided to go for a blood test(home tests never worked for me) just to rule it out. Low and behold, I was pregnant! We may not have used the clinic this time, but we consider DS to be an outcome from everything they did.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
Vegging on the couch or walking the mall
5. What are your favorites:
Book: any of the Harry Potter series
Movie: The Hunt for Red October
Song: "Russians" by Sting
Food: rock candy and cotton candy
Place to travel to: Myrtle Beach, SC
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Never really thought about it
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take any advice with a grain of salt. Every child is different. What worked for one, may not work for yours.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
A dancer. Now I am a SAHM, but isn't that work too?
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? A multi-millionaire's trophy wife, I would not have to cook or clean and could spend someone else's money.
Now answer her question for YOU:
What do you do to spend quality time with your children?