Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that DID circ...why did you do it?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 88 Replies

I did it because of many reasons.

1. Talking to my brother who had friends while he was in the military that had to have major surgery because they got HUGE infections from not being cut because they could not clean it properly.

2 I belive in the medical benifits. 

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Because my un-circ'd husband wanted it done to his son.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I'm Jewish and it's part of a ceremony when boys are a week old.
I also think it's more hygenic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0m23b0ys458
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Because DH wanted it done.I really had no opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerrorMom
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Three of my uncles and my dad had it done when they were older (Dad was 6 my uncles were all married men) and it was major surgery then. I decided long before even getting married that any boys would be circumsized to prevent the infections leading up to that. 

GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Um they asked i looked at my mom said do i and she said yes....so i did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Every un-circed male in my family had to have it done as an adult and it was painful. When I asked the doctor about a hereditary issue he was unsure so we decided to do it to spare our DS pain in the future...

lildensmom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

sanitary reasons and my husband is. Plus, I myself would not want to be with someone who is not, so it is only right to make sure my son is......Penis' just dont look right when they are not, IMP

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM
My oldest DS I did it b/c I was single and didn't have a penis. Even though I had the support of my parents I didn't wanna discuss "penis" with my dad! My mom told me via my dad said "Don't do it he wasn't"! Ewww TMI dad. But understood as I was older if its not broke don't fix it! Fast forward to my 2nd son I didn't do it at first my&husband I decided if its not broke...........But my DS had a lot of extra foreskin and he had a terrible diaper rash infection(Dr. pre-warned us we may had to get him circ)and swelled up. We got him done at 1yo. My DH is uncirc and never had issues. Sex is fine,half of the time DH's one eye is winking at me even though he has skin! LOL TMI I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM

We are Jewish. That is the only reason I have ever needed.

Both of my boys were circ'd on the 8th day of their life, held lovingly by their grandfather, a Holocaust survivor.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Is that a tradition? On the 8th day of their lives? Just curious. Thats nice their grandfather held them during it.

Quoting balagan_imma:

We are Jewish. That is the only reason I have ever needed.

Both of my boys were circ'd on the 8th day of their life, held lovingly by their grandfather, a Holocaust survivor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)