Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Crying

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I cry when my daughter cries sometimes (she's 2 weeks old). Is that. Normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesistar6910
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that seems pretty normal to me. You are still getting rid of hormones, too. Sounds like you're just responding to your baby on a different level. Talk to your doctor in a few weeks when you go for your checkup.

LyTe684
by Tasha on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Awwww. I guess. Hormones like the above mom said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I still get the feeling of wanting to cry when my son does. Same as my sister growing up. Any child really. But mostly my son. He's 2 1/2. It might have something to do with being pregnant again, but I've always been a softie. Besides, who likes seeing their baby/child cry? So long as your not overly depressed I don't see it being an issue. If it worries you talk to your dr :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenna1212
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

yep it is

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
DebiOBrien
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I am a little bit worried but I think reading so much about postpartum depression is adding to that.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

I still get the feeling of wanting to cry when my son does. Same as my sister growing up. Any child really. But mostly my son. He's 2 1/2. It might have something to do with being pregnant again, but I've always been a softie. Besides, who likes seeing their baby/child cry? So long as your not overly depressed I don't see it being an issue. If it worries you talk to your dr :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep! You're fine! It will get better. Probably the baby blues and its hormonal.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DebiOBrien:

I am a little bit worried but I think reading so much about postpartum depression is adding to that.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

Awe! Reading and doing research can be good, but also can get us more worked up. Just try and seperate that just cause you read it doesn't make it so for you. Of course that doesn't mean if it is similar to not talk to your dr. Again, I'm a huge softie. Any child or baby cries and I tear up. Good luck!! I hope it sorts itself out, or you get help if you need it. Also keep in mind, you have a very young baby. Like others said, hormones balancing, and also having babies takes its toll on us. HUGS!

lillysnow
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Shes right. I went through it too. Youll be okay.

Quoting Shellness:

Yep! You're fine! It will get better. Probably the baby blues and its hormonal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM

SO normal.  I cried one day when Isabelle cried and I didn't know why, and I couldn't find anything wrong.  I sobbed thinking about how beautiful and wonderful she is.  I cried a LOT in the first month after she was born.  PPD is something that hangs around longer than a few weeks, if it starts to fade, it's just the 'baby blues' caused by the tank in hormones from no longer bring pregnant.

MIA0223
by Michelle on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Yep, it's hormones! You will get through it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN