Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Savor Spring Challenge Day 3: Put 'em to Work!

Posted by   + Show Post

Got some work to do outdoors? Bring the kids! If they're old enough to help, let ‘em! Otherwise, set up a safe place for them to play near where you're working to prettify your property! Don't have any spring gardening to do (or a yard to spiff up)? Go for a stroll and admire other people's properties!

Rainy day? Start a conversation with your kids about what kind of flowers or veggies they want to grow this season -- and start seeds if you have 'em!

Do you enjoy working outdoors with your kids? Do they like to help with the yard work?

mowing the lawn If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the Savor Spring Challenge, click here

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
Amanda52007
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM
My girls love gardening!

They also love helping with yardwork. They pick up pinecones, limbs, and toys. They race while doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VioletSpirit
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We have no yard and no place to put flower pots, so we just spend our time outdoors by taking walks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisa101
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hubb does most of the yard work here. But we love going for walks and looking at different things. 

lynettemommie4
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

We do need to do some work but probably wont be happening this week. I have one sick right now. I do allow them to help.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes they do.. my 16 year old son does lots of work on the yard and backyard and my 5 year old helps me with the gardening :)

jerylt
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

We don't do yard work.

justme_onlyme7
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I used to yes when they were still at home.  Grown now. :)

AForCast
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM

They like pulling weeds, planting in the garden & later harvest veggies from our tiny garden.

WheelerWife
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
My kids are an indoor bunch, except the baby. That girl would live outside if I let her.

They are open to helping with outdoor chores when necessary.
countrygirlkat
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM

We can't do anything outside today because it is so windy, but just the other day we put up the baby swing and talked about what we need to do to get the lawn on track and healthy for the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)