CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Stephanie had to get ear tubes at 6 months old. At that age, kids have to be put under, and cannot eat for 8 hours prior to surgery. Between trying to keep her calm but not feeding, worry over how it would go and stress after she came out from surgery, I think that is one day I will always remember in detail.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
September 2010 Babies
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I like that I can come in, ask questions of moms who have babies the same age and know that the answer I get is as honest as they can make it. We are just moms getting together to support each other.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I really don't have "spare" time. Between work, school, and family, my time is all accounted for. Even when I do get a chance to do something by myself, I much prefer to spend that time with my daughter and husband.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Little Men (Old, I know)
Movie: The Man in the Moon (Reese Witherspoon as a young teen)
Song: Volvo Driving Soccer Mom (Not what you think)
Food: Chinese or Thai
Place to travel to: Washington State, where I grew up.
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why
Mayim Bialik, she is such a natural parent and an inspiration.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Just sleep. Have everyone else take care of everything else. Sleep, whenever you can.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
As a child, I wanted to own my own bakery/bookshop. I even named it. I currently work in accounting and am going to school to get my BS in Business Admin, minor in accountancy.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
I really don't know. I am sitting here trying to think of someone, and I cannot think of anyone I would want to be for a day.
Now answer her question for YOU:
What is one thing you wish you had done differently in the beginning of your child's life?