Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: deccaf

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, deccaf, spends most of her time the September 2010 Babies group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

Stephanie had to get ear tubes at 6 months old.  At that age, kids have to be put under, and cannot eat for 8 hours prior to surgery.  Between trying to keep her calm but not feeding, worry over how it would go and stress after she came out from surgery, I think that is one day I will always remember in detail.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

September 2010 Babies

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I like that I can come in, ask questions of moms who have babies the same age and know that the answer I get is as honest as they can make it.  We are just moms getting together to support each other.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

I really don't have "spare" time. Between work, school, and family, my time is all accounted for.  Even when I do get a chance to do something by myself, I much prefer to spend that time with my daughter and husband. 

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Little Men (Old, I know)
Movie: The Man in the Moon (Reese Witherspoon as a young teen)
Song: Volvo Driving Soccer Mom (Not what you think)
Food: Chinese or Thai
Place to travel to: Washington State, where I grew up.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why

Mayim Bialik, she is such a natural parent and an inspiration.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Just sleep.  Have everyone else take care of everything else.  Sleep, whenever you can.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Busy

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

As a child, I wanted to own my own bakery/bookshop.  I even named it.  I currently work in accounting and am going to school to get my BS in Business Admin, minor in accountancy. 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

I really don't know.  I am sitting here trying to think of someone, and I cannot think of anyone I would want to be for a day.

Now answer her question for YOU:

What is one thing you wish you had done differently in the beginning of your child's life?

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chuff
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Having one more child.  We could not afford having more at the time for I wanted to be a stay at home mom till our daughter was old enough to attend school.  Then after she started school I went back to work.

I think back and I should have had another one 11 months from the first.  I would only have to do dipers, baby food, and bottles (no I do not believe in breast feeding, it is more work and mess than a bottle) all done in three years and than enjoy them turn into little human beings :-).

JennPearce
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Yay congrats! :) what's your favorite Thai dish?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Nice to meet you!!

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Nice to meet you and the thing I wouldn't have done would be not go back to work so soon

deccaf
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Pad Thai with chicken, VERY spicy.

Quoting JennPearce:

Yay congrats! :) what's your favorite Thai dish?

VintageWife
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Love Mayim too :) And how cool that you named your bookshop when you were little.

Done differently? I wish I was more AP with my oldest. I didn't come into some of this stuff until I'd had other kids.

asilenna
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Representing Sept 2010 babies!!! I wish I would have had a better understanding of breastfeeding cause I was only able to do it for about 4 months. 

mickstinator
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I had been more self confident at the beginning. I wouldn't have made so many mistakes if I just addressed all my fears head on with a good internet search. I wanted to prove that I could be a good mom. Good moms ask a lot of questions! 

Woo for representing September 2010 Babies! : )

LauraOR
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i wish i had actually keep that baby journal from pregnancy - i am all ready having trouble remembering my LOs age for milestones

Ashes0813
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay for representing Sept 2010 Babies!!  Done differently, I wish I had stood up for myself sooner and never allowed anyone to step on my toes as a mother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN