Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Heart Attack Grill's 'Bypass Burger' Claims 2nd Victim

Posted by   + Show Post

The Heart Attack Grill, Las Vegas' shrine to unhealthy eating, said another diner had to be wheeled away from the restaurant on a stretcher after chowing down on one of its infamous "Bypass Burgers" -- the second since February.

Owner Jon Basso told KVVU-TV that the patron, believed to be in her mid-40s, was eating a Double Bypass Burger when she suffered an apparent heart attack."I would say the woman gave her body every single thing it could handle, and it finally gave out," Basso told the TV station.Basso said the diner was also drinking alcohol and smoking before falling onto the floor unconscious.It's the second time in three months that one of the restaurant's customers has collapsed while devouring one of its signature burgers. A man in his 40s was enjoying a 6,000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger when he began sweating, shaking and experiencing chest pains. He was hospitalized and released.The Heart Attack Grill is no stranger to controversy, with slogans like, a "Taste worth dying for!" and a house policy that allows diners weighing more than 350 pounds to eat for free.According to the TV station, the burgers range from the Single Bypass to the Quadruple Bypass, featuring four half-pound patties and eight slices of American cheese. Diners can also add 20 slices of bacon for a small charge. The quadruple burger touts 9,983 calories -- a Guinness World Record."We attract an avant-garde clientele -- thrill seekers, risk takers," Basso told the Los Angeles Times. "It attracts people who don't really take good care of their health."Basso said he's been following the woman's condition and that she is recovering at an area hospital.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM
When I free up some money i'm definately going to the heart attack grill lol yummmy!

Quoting juicebox.:

HaHa I would too.  I secretly want to try one.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Singke bypass burger for me with extra cheese please

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
So agree!! No one put a gun to their heads and forced them to eat that shit! Although a bullet to the knee cap may be less damaging than the shit they are swallowing!!

Quoting TAG2.0:

Lol, they do it to themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

danie24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM
LOL

Stupid Americans are the best kind of entertainment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Exactly!

Quoting jaynemarie086:

I think it's sad that people choose to eat and live this way, but in no way should the place be held accountable! They are not advertising celery here. The people eating it know what they are getting themselves into!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I would love to check that place out sometime.  I saw it on Food Network once.  Of course, if I or a member of my family was in poor health, I wouldn't go!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yuck!

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I would go there but not while prego
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLinn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Stupid people doing stupid things.  

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I live in Vegas ill post pics when I go!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I would love to check that place out sometime.  I saw it on Food Network once.  Of course, if I or a member of my family was in poor health, I wouldn't go!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)