Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Services Investigating Octomom Over Living Conditions

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

LA HABRA, Calif. (KTLA) -- The Orange County Department of Family and Children's Services is investigating the living conditions of the home of Nadya Suleman and her 14 children.

Suleman gained nationwide attention in 2009 when she gave birth to octuplets.

She garnered the name "Octomom" and became a symbol of the excesses of assisted reproduction.

Officers from La Habra Police Department accompanied social workers to the home Tuesday evening after receiving a complaint.

TMZ is reporting the complaint was filed by Suleman's hairstylist, who had been in the home.

The complaint says there is only one working toilet in the house, and the children are forced to use portable training toilets in their bedrooms.

The stylist also said the kids appear to be malnourished and unclean, and Suleman locks them in their rooms while she attends to personal matters.

The social workers spent about two hours at the house. They determined the children were not in any danger and should not be removed from the home.

The department will continue to investigate.

On April 5th, Suleman appeared on "The Today Show" and told host Matt Lauer that she is still capable of being a good mom despite her financial difficulties.

Suleman is receiving $2,000 a month in food stamps.

When Lauer questioned whether her deteriorating financial condition would force child services to break up her family, Suleman responded, "That will never happen. I can guarantee you of that."
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Ugh, take the kids away.  Wait till the kids write tell all books about what really happened when they were growing up. 

2metalbabies
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
When she was on the dr drew show, they showed footage from her house and there were holes in the walls and ceilings and mold all over. She blamed it on one of her oldest kids and said she was trying to renovate the house so she could sell it. Dr drew also gave her a years worth of housecleaning and babysitting services, and was going to pay forget to go to school. That was maybe 6 months ago? Looks like she blew his kindness off... Dumb bithx.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM
She probably didn't want anyone in the home because they would report her.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

When she was on the dr drew show, they showed footage from her house and there were holes in the walls and ceilings and mold all over. She blamed it on one of her oldest kids and said she was trying to renovate the house so she could sell it. Dr drew also gave her a years worth of housecleaning and babysitting services, and was going to pay forget to go to school. That was maybe 6 months ago? Looks like she blew his kindness off... Dumb bithx.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Why would she let a camera crew in her home, but not people to help? That's what I don't understand. It would seem to me, being the CPS decided that the children were in no harm, that someone else was looking to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. I mean honesty, who calls tmz and then Cps and admits to it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aviatioNation
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Those poor kids. She needs help, and not the public assistance kind...

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I am not against a lot of kids, but she should be able to care for them. I want a lot of kids, but I work my butt off for the ones I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I wish she would do what is best for her children.

lillysnow
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Lol. I agree

Quoting atlmom2:

Ugh, take the kids away.  Wait till the kids write tell all books about what really happened when they were growing up. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemini53176
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:47 AM
i cant even imagine having that many! i work my butt off too to keep up with 4!
Angeleyes_6
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Horrible. I have 6 kids and I am a single mom and my house is always clean! But if I could receive cleaning help I would take it :) this is why mutiple embryos should not be implanted! Two should be the max.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)