Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

would you stop being someones friend if their kids were mean to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a friend I spend allllooottt of time with who has 2 kids. The friend is awesome, my favorite person on earth. But my friends children are little devils! My friend can not control the children and it makes me bonkers. When the kids arent around things are great but thats just unrealistic. What would you do? The kids are disrespectful to me and other adults. They are an 11 year old girl and a 13 year old boy.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Replies (21-27):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I would be telling the kids myself the cut the shit.

maciymommieof3
by Angie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

How "disrespectful/unrealistic" are they?

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

maciymommieof3
by Angie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Really? Have we come to the decision that she 'doesnt parent' and that is why they are the way they are?

I will tell you this...I have 3 kids and 2 are on the spectrum..and they don't have a clue. and...I talk to them, my hubby talks to them, the special ed teachers talk to them and so on and so forth. and I do parent.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Simply I would teach those children that rules are different at my house and disrepectful words will be met with written statement of apology and why it was wrong and what will be done differently. If your friend isn't gonna parent, you should stepup. It takes a village.

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

bozobean
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

If your friend really values your friendship, or having any friends for that matter, she better get her kids under control. There's no excuse for her to let her kids act like that. She needs to step up to the plate and be a parent. My parents never would've let me get away with being the least bit rude or disrespectful to anyone. Back in my day, I would've got spanked or slapped silly if I was ever the least bit bratty. One way or another, she needs to do something, or she will end up net having any friends left.

jlmulrey
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

the unrealistic comment was meant like this: We are both single parents. I meant things are great between her and I when its just the 2 of us, but its unrealistic for me to think we can hang out as often as i want and not have the kids around. Its also kinda mean.

the 11year old has such an attitude she put a whole room full of people in a bad mood. She never apologizes for her behavior. She screams and even curses sometimes with no reprocussions. The LEAST I want her mother to do is send her out of the room so shes not affecting everyone else, but she doesn't. She just ignores her and tells me to do the same.

The 11 year old boy is very physically active, but when he is in the house is the laziest person alive. He will ask for things (even at other peoples houses) that he should do himself, and when noone does them for him he starts yelling and acting like a fool. He will even start cursing and not care that there are people,  even small children around. He is a good kid when he wants to be so he would be an easy one to get to be more respectful but the girl.. o man she needs help

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I've got a girlfriend like that her daughters are 13 an 15 an little smart asses...........so when they make a smart ass comment to me i say......   Did you think that up all by yourself?    or Wow, How long did it take you to come up with that ????  her 15 yr old told me last week the only reason her mom was friends with me is because I'm as lame as her mom..........of course I blew up all over her ass......an said...........I grew up with out a mother........so the next time your acting like an asshole think about where u would live or how your life would be with no mom anymore!  she or course burst into tears an said she hated me........i said thats what im hear for......of course Melody(melly) was embarrassed all to hell that her daughter Chastidy 15 would talk to an adult like that.......i always tell her when your dealing with Teenagers you fight Fire with Fire thats the only way to survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ha ha ha

LavenderMom23
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Special needs children are a totally different topic. If the children are good when their mother is not around but act up once she is there, then yes, I can safely assume it is a parenting issue.

Quoting maciymommieof3:

Really? Have we come to the decision that she 'doesnt parent' and that is why they are the way they are?

I will tell you this...I have 3 kids and 2 are on the spectrum..and they don't have a clue. and...I talk to them, my hubby talks to them, the special ed teachers talk to them and so on and so forth. and I do parent.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Simply I would teach those children that rules are different at my house and disrepectful words will be met with written statement of apology and why it was wrong and what will be done differently. If your friend isn't gonna parent, you should stepup. It takes a village.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife and SAHM to Evalynn 7yr, Ashley 6yr, Trey 1yr, and Hailey newborn, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 3 dogs !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)