Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm so sick of people bashing Facebook!

First of all, I'm not like doing a commercial for them or saying Facebook is the greatest thing ever. I'm just tired of people saying its all drama or they are sick of reading what someone had for breakfast.
Facebook is what you want it to be and I, for one, LOVE IT! You can pick your friends, pick who's status updates appear on your page, and completely fix it how you want it to be. If one of your friends is all drama, hide them. If someone's status updates annoy you, hide them. If you don't give in to the drama or someone's ridiculous updates then you will have a great time.
I don't live close to any of my family so it's a great way for me to constantly see pictures and videos of my nieces and nephews that I miss so much. Also friends I don't live near. Sure we talk on the phone but Facebook just adds those extras.
Pretty much just telling people to get over themselves. It is what you make it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

lol so true

If you are going to blame FB might as well blame Internet service and computers and also technology. If it's not FB it will be another website. If not another website it's the Internet IM, email. If not the Internet it will be by cell phone, texting and calling. If not that it would be land line phones and regular p.o. mail. 

Oh wait we also have work. You go to work and people are cheating and have been for years out of the same office space. Take away lunch time because that's usually when it happens. lol What about bars, strip clubs? Those have been around forever.

Nope it's not FB that breaks up a relationship, it's just the relationship and the person you're with who does what they want, where they want and with who they want

Quoting MIA0223:

It is what you let it be.
Those same women would be complaining about him texting skanks or emailing if it wasn't for fb.
And your bf would have found another way to be a controlling douche I not for fb.
It's a cop out.
If you are in a bad relationship it will be bad with or without fb.

Quoting TAG2.0:

Quoting MIA0223:

Why?

If your spouse is acting like a fool on fb they will do that with or without fb!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

fb is the devil, and in 5 yrs will be the #1 reason for divorce in america!

No, social networking makes relationships harder. People use the site to reconnect which causes problems in some relationships. Im sure you have read some posts on cm about husbands talkjing to ex girlfriends or having skanks as friends. I used to catch hell from bfs because I had alot of make friends commenting on my pics. FB is a pain in the ass when it comes to relationships. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this 100%. I love facebook.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Fb is not the devil nor will it be the reason for divorces the grownups are responsible for their relationships not facebook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand it when people they don't have FB pages because it cause problems in their marriage! No, your marriage has problems because of the people in it!

Quoting mmtosam06:

Fb is not the devil nor will it be the reason for divorces the grownups are responsible for their relationships not facebook

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Exactly

Quoting nodramamama311:

I can't stand it when people they don't have FB pages because it cause problems in their marriage! No, your marriage has problems because of the people in it!

Quoting mmtosam06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM
What about my thoughts? My, they're nasty... Lol How do we stop those?

Quoting silvercrow:

I say to prevent all Cheating Lock each other in the house together 24/7.. No Phone, No TV, No books, Magazines (because you can become Emotionally involved with characters your reading about and that is Emotionally cheating on your spouse) this should prevent ALL cheating.. Do EVERYTHING together so that neither of your eyes can wander cause again LOOKING at someone is Cheating.. This should fix it.. personally i cant live like that but if your that worried about it Lock you and yours into your house and live in that cave to prevent either of you cheating

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM
My DH and I have never had any issues with FB...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silvercrow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

we are both screwed then lol.. I cheat in my mind every minute of every day

Quoting LyTe684:

What about my thoughts? My, they're nasty... Lol How do we stop those?

Quoting silvercrow:

I say to prevent all Cheating Lock each other in the house together 24/7.. No Phone, No TV, No books, Magazines (because you can become Emotionally involved with characters your reading about and that is Emotionally cheating on your spouse) this should prevent ALL cheating.. Do EVERYTHING together so that neither of your eyes can wander cause again LOOKING at someone is Cheating.. This should fix it.. personally i cant live like that but if your that worried about it Lock you and yours into your house and live in that cave to prevent either of you cheating

lillysnow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I personally don't like facebook but more power to you

Quoting nodramamama311:

First of all, I'm not like doing a commercial for them or saying Facebook is the greatest thing ever. I'm just tired of people saying its all drama or they are sick of reading what someone had for breakfast.

Facebook is what you want it to be and I, for one, LOVE IT! You can pick your friends, pick who's status updates appear on your page, and completely fix it how you want it to be. If one of your friends is all drama, hide them. If someone's status updates annoy you, hide them. If you don't give in to the drama or someone's ridiculous updates then you will have a great time.

I don't live close to any of my family so it's a great way for me to constantly see pictures and videos of my nieces and nephews that I miss so much. Also friends I don't live near. Sure we talk on the phone but Facebook just adds those extras.

Pretty much just telling people to get over themselves. It is what you make it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Quoting offrdngal:

I'm with ya!  Facebook doesn't cause relationships to fail...the people in the relationships cause them to fail!  Facebook doesn't cause drama...the people reading and responding to the posts cause the drama.

I enjoy facebook and I just block or hide the people I don't care to see.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN