Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you have BIG feet???

Do you have larger feet than most and have trouble finding shoes that fit? Or smaller feet and you have a hard time finding shoes? I have big feet, size 12..:( My dad has size 16..so I guess it was meant to be. My husband has average size feet...

I was self conscious about my body when I was dating my husband for the first year then I feel in love with him and forgot about how I hate my body...mainly my feet..i'm skinny...but I'm stuck with these feet. I've heard of surgeries to make your feel smaller..but I've read a lot of times they fail and people walk off balance the rest of their life..plus I don't have the money.

Anyways..what brought this all on is my husband made a comment because we ACTUALLY found a place that had 1 size 12 Nike running shoe in women's and I got excited...but then he made a comment and I just feel so mad at him, he knows how I feel about my feet...why do I feel so strongly about this??? :( How should my train of thought be..i can't think clearly...:( I feel so ugly right now

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (41-48):
Barabell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting gypsy_rose:

my feet are not LONG they are WIDE. I can NOT find shoes that fit proper. I am a 7.5 triple wide. 

You should look into torrid for shoes. they have some SEXXY shoes for bigger feet. their regulars even fit me!

I have really wide feet. I rarely find dressy shoes and sandals that fit my feet. Thanks for the info! I'll have to check out their store and website. I believe they have a store near me, but I've never been to it.

TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Husbands can pick at you and not really mean anything by it.  If he didn't like your feet, he wouldn't help you shop. 

There comes a time when you have to stop stressing over what God gave you naturally and enjoy those big feet of yours. :) 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

you will have to let me know if you find a nice pair! they don't go shorter then a size 7 though.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

my feet are not LONG they are WIDE. I can NOT find shoes that fit proper. I am a 7.5 triple wide. 

You should look into torrid for shoes. they have some SEXXY shoes for bigger feet. their regulars even fit me!

I have really wide feet. I rarely find dressy shoes and sandals that fit my feet. Thanks for the info! I'll have to check out their store and website. I believe they have a store near me, but I've never been to it.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

jdsmell7
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are anywhere from 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 depending on how the shoe or sneaker is made. My hubby does make cracks about my "canoes" or "Frankenstein Feet" once in awhile but I always say that you can't have tiny little feet to hold up a tall, beautiful, strong woman !!! So let your hubby think about that one ! Gorgeous women come in ALL Different Shapes & Sizes !!

Angelina052105
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Thanks a lot..:)

Quoting 82ndairbornewif:

I am a size 13 :) lol. Payless has cute shoes, and so does torrid, nike online has bigger womens sizes, and steve madden too! Oh and nordstroms.

~The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the proof of His absence~

angel<3 Angela

Angelina052105
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Thanks a lot..you really gave me something to think about..:D

Quoting TateTwo:

Husbands can pick at you and not really mean anything by it.  If he didn't like your feet, he wouldn't help you shop. 

There comes a time when you have to stop stressing over what God gave you naturally and enjoy those big feet of yours. :) 

~The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the proof of His absence~

angel<3 Angela

TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope so because I'm only meaning this with the best of intentions.

Once you get to know me, you'll realize my mouth is probably as big as your feet (big *hugs* here)! :D

good

Quoting Angelina052105:

Thanks a lot..you really gave me something to think about..:D

Quoting TateTwo:

sswogger
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I always thought of my feet as being big.  I use to wear a size 9 or 91/2 but I think my feet srunk cause I could wear a size 8 to 81/2.  I have always hated my feet.  They have been the one part of my body that I am very sensitive about.  I have bunions on both feet, but its a lot larger on my right.  My toenails on right foot grow kind of upwards and my feet both have really large veins that bulge out.  Oh, and my feet are wide and flat!  My husband doesn't mind my feet at all, but I never felt confrontable about them.  As for shoes, I understand how hard it is to find shoes.  My problem is trying to find an attractive shoe in a wide size.  Finding strapy sandals is the worse because my huge bunion always pops out the side, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN