Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you have BIG feet???

Do you have larger feet than most and have trouble finding shoes that fit? Or smaller feet and you have a hard time finding shoes? I have big feet, size 12..:( My dad has size 16..so I guess it was meant to be. My husband has average size feet...

I was self conscious about my body when I was dating my husband for the first year then I feel in love with him and forgot about how I hate my body...mainly my feet..i'm skinny...but I'm stuck with these feet. I've heard of surgeries to make your feel smaller..but I've read a lot of times they fail and people walk off balance the rest of their life..plus I don't have the money.

Anyways..what brought this all on is my husband made a comment because we ACTUALLY found a place that had 1 size 12 Nike running shoe in women's and I got excited...but then he made a comment and I just feel so mad at him, he knows how I feel about my feet...why do I feel so strongly about this??? :( How should my train of thought be..i can't think clearly...:( I feel so ugly right now

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

It can be hard. I am sensitive about a lot of things. I am 5/4 (very short torosed!) 225 pounds with tripple wide feet. I have learned to just go with the flow. I will say with his second comment I think he felt like it was ok because you made a joke about them first. The door was opened on that one. 

DH constantly comments on how HUGE my ass is. I can NEVER find pants that the waist touches my back because my butt is SOOO huge. I have even tried the 80 dollar pants in the chubby people stores MENT for the curvy bodies. They STILL don't fit right.

Quoting Angelina052105:

Well after we left the shoe store we were in the car..he said "that's cool they had your size shoe"..i was like yeah..but the color was kind of crazy..it would not have matched anything I had.  Then he said out of nowhere..."did you ever get called big foot man or big foot?" kind of laughing.. This was doubly annoying because my maiden name is "Mann"  so I got teased about that anyways.  I just looked at him for awhile..then I said, " where did that come from why did you say that?"  He was like I was just joking...but we have been together 9 years..he knows from the past..i just don't joke about my feet..and the couple times he had before I got hurt and upset too..so he knew as soon as it was out of his mouth he was about to regret it.  To make matters worse..when we got home when we started to make up..I got defensive and said "just know I can kick your A$$ with this size 12"..then he said something like "okay king kong"..talking about my height now...so he took one step forward and 2 steps back.  I guess we have a pretty competitive type relationship sometimes..I always like to defend myself and so does he. 

We made up this AM...I got apologies and compliments all AM..finally I felt like he truly didn't mean to hurt me..but I guess I'm just not cool about my insecurities.  Wish I was...I should learn to be..get some thicker skin you know..maybe I'll make a late new years resolution..ha..but he knows now..i don't think he'll say anything else again.  This is why last night I posted this to maybe not feel so alone..:) and it worked...you ladies are the best!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

BTW what was his comment?

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Oh I have dumbo ears and big teeth too LOL I am a goofy looking woman!

OceanGoddess
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Lots of women have large feet! My mom and sister wear size 5... I'm 5'3" and wear 9's and 10's that big for my height.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelina052105
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Well..I certainly wouldn't like my dh saying anything EVER about my butt size...Do you just go with the flow on it and laugh or does it bother you?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

It can be hard. I am sensitive about a lot of things. I am 5/4 (very short torosed!) 225 pounds with tripple wide feet. I have learned to just go with the flow. I will say with his second comment I think he felt like it was ok because you made a joke about them first. The door was opened on that one. 

DH constantly comments on how HUGE my ass is. I can NEVER find pants that the waist touches my back because my butt is SOOO huge. I have even tried the 80 dollar pants in the chubby people stores MENT for the curvy bodies. They STILL don't fit right.

Quoting Angelina052105:

Well after we left the shoe store we were in the car..he said "that's cool they had your size shoe"..i was like yeah..but the color was kind of crazy..it would not have matched anything I had.  Then he said out of nowhere..."did you ever get called big foot man or big foot?" kind of laughing.. This was doubly annoying because my maiden name is "Mann"  so I got teased about that anyways.  I just looked at him for awhile..then I said, " where did that come from why did you say that?"  He was like I was just joking...but we have been together 9 years..he knows from the past..i just don't joke about my feet..and the couple times he had before I got hurt and upset too..so he knew as soon as it was out of his mouth he was about to regret it.  To make matters worse..when we got home when we started to make up..I got defensive and said "just know I can kick your A$$ with this size 12"..then he said something like "okay king kong"..talking about my height now...so he took one step forward and 2 steps back.  I guess we have a pretty competitive type relationship sometimes..I always like to defend myself and so does he. 

We made up this AM...I got apologies and compliments all AM..finally I felt like he truly didn't mean to hurt me..but I guess I'm just not cool about my insecurities.  Wish I was...I should learn to be..get some thicker skin you know..maybe I'll make a late new years resolution..ha..but he knows now..i don't think he'll say anything else again.  This is why last night I posted this to maybe not feel so alone..:) and it worked...you ladies are the best!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

~The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the proof of His absence~

angel<3 Angela

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

sometimes It gets to me but for the most part I take it worth a grain of salt. We ALL have flaws. Not a single person can be perfect. It's not good to take yourself to seriously.

Quoting Angelina052105:

Well..I certainly wouldn't like my dh saying anything EVER about my butt size...Do you just go with the flow on it and laugh or does it bother you?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I also pic on him for his belly and how furry he is. Also his cross eyes,

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

This is what I mean about my bum. this was NOT a puffy dress.

Angelina052105
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

You are so right...we all have flaws..I guess I just don't like to talk about them..like I'd rather forget about them...But I understand...life is too short to worry and be offended too much...

Quoting gypsy_rose:

sometimes It gets to me but for the most part I take it worth a grain of salt. We ALL have flaws. Not a single person can be perfect. It's not good to take yourself to seriously.

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

angel<3 Angela

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

exactly. Realy teasing about flaws is a small thing in life. when you can become comfortable with your flaws you would be surprised at how much happier you are. I am what I am. I have a crap load of health problems, some will never go away thanks to genetic mutations. I can't let these problems bring me down. I was handed this hand of cards and now I need to deal as best as I can. I am for the most part happy with who I am and Don't mind my flaws for the most part. It is part of me. If I didn't have those flaws I wold not be myself. 

(I have hypermobility which causes joint problems as I get older, Nerofibromatosis, bicorniute uterus, 3 kidneys, and the one thing I can get fixed is hyperparathyroidism. these all make it very difficult to work out so dont loose weight.)

Quoting Angelina052105:

You are so right...we all have flaws..I guess I just don't like to talk about them..like I'd rather forget about them...But I understand...life is too short to worry and be offended too much...

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Angelina052105
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Very inspirational reply...You sound like you handle everything so well.  I'm going to try and do that...I want to be happier with myself..:)

Quoting gypsy_rose:

exactly. Realy teasing about flaws is a small thing in life. when you can become comfortable with your flaws you would be surprised at how much happier you are. I am what I am. I have a crap load of health problems, some will never go away thanks to genetic mutations. I can't let these problems bring me down. I was handed this hand of cards and now I need to deal as best as I can. I am for the most part happy with who I am and Don't mind my flaws for the most part. It is part of me. If I didn't have those flaws I wold not be myself. 

(I have hypermobility which causes joint problems as I get older, Nerofibromatosis, bicorniute uterus, 3 kidneys, and the one thing I can get fixed is hyperparathyroidism. these all make it very difficult to work out so dont loose weight.)

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Angelina052105:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

angel<3 Angela

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN