Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: bbykathy

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
2 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, bbykathy, spends most of her time in the In the Bedroom group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

When my daughter looked at me when I gave birth to her and I could see in her eyes that she knew I was her mother.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

The group I seem to be in the most is the group In the Bedroom. 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

Meeting ladies just like me and being able to share our stories without being judged.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I spend a lot of time with my daughter and we go the park and go for a lot of walks. We also love watching Disney movies together. I also find a little time for myself and I love to read.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: I love all the books by Janet Evonovich. My favorite of hers are the Stephanie Plum books.
Movie :I love all sort of movies I really don't have a favorite. One that I really love to watch though is P.S. I love you. That movie makes me cry every time I watch it.
Song: I guess my all-time favorite song in my wedding song. Lost in This Moment by Big and Rich
Food: I love Chinese food yum!
Place to travel to: So far I would have to say the Caribbean. I went there last year and it was just wonderful. But I want to do a lot more traveling down the road.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

To be honest I don't follow the celebrities so I don't have one I'd want to hang out with.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

You have been given the most beautiful gift in the world, the gift of life. Things will be rough but it is so rewarding watching them grow up and learn.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

Strong

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

As I child I wanted to be a vet and take care of sick animals. Now I work in healthcare and work on a Surgical floor. I also am a beauty consultant. 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

To be honest I don't think I would want to trade with anyone. I have a very wonderful life and a great family. I have a husband that supports me in everything I do and is always there for me. My daughter is just so wonderful and I just love watching her grow and learn every day.

Now answer her question for YOU:

Are you truly happy with where life has guided you to?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Barabell
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice to meet you, bbykathy!

I am happy with where live has guided me so far. Hopefully it continues to be that way!

RebeccaRNmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Most definitely!!!
mannafromheaven
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I would not characterize my response to where I am currently in life as "happy" so much as more content, less contentious about dealing with several chronic conditions, being on disability and coping with a 13 year old who is so busy acting out and being tough just to prove she can be.  I did not think my husband and I would reconcile but that has happened and our relationship is much better this time around.  Melody Beattie, who works with abusive relationships and has written some good books about it, has written a something about gratitude that I find helpful in my daily life: (this is a paraphrase) gratitude makes a house a home, etc.  When I unearth it again I will post the whole thing (its short).

momma2girls250
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:42 AM
I need school. I have 2 wonderful daughters! They make me want to live better! I'm happy they are doing very well...as for me,I want school,I want to help people,I want very badly to be a nurse,its what I will do,and will make it happen,I shall follow my goal;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN