CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
When my daughter looked at me when I gave birth to her and I could see in her eyes that she knew I was her mother.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
The group I seem to be in the most is the group In the Bedroom.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
Meeting ladies just like me and being able to share our stories without being judged.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I spend a lot of time with my daughter and we go the park and go for a lot of walks. We also love watching Disney movies together. I also find a little time for myself and I love to read.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: I love all the books by Janet Evonovich. My favorite of hers are the Stephanie Plum books.
Movie :I love all sort of movies I really don't have a favorite. One that I really love to watch though is P.S. I love you. That movie makes me cry every time I watch it.
Song: I guess my all-time favorite song in my wedding song. Lost in This Moment by Big and Rich
Food: I love Chinese food yum!
Place to travel to: So far I would have to say the Caribbean. I went there last year and it was just wonderful. But I want to do a lot more traveling down the road.
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
To be honest I don't follow the celebrities so I don't have one I'd want to hang out with.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
You have been given the most beautiful gift in the world, the gift of life. Things will be rough but it is so rewarding watching them grow up and learn.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
As I child I wanted to be a vet and take care of sick animals. Now I work in healthcare and work on a Surgical floor. I also am a beauty consultant.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
To be honest I don't think I would want to trade with anyone. I have a very wonderful life and a great family. I have a husband that supports me in everything I do and is always there for me. My daughter is just so wonderful and I just love watching her grow and learn every day.
Now answer her question for YOU:
Are you truly happy with where life has guided you to?