Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Burglar Caught Naked In Shower

Posted by   + Show Post

Burglar Caught Naked In Shower

Updated: Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 12:51 PM EDT

(NewsCore) - A burglary suspect was caught when a resident returned home to find him relaxing in the shower, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Michael Calvert, 25, told police he entered the home in Joshua Tree, about 35 miles northeast of Palm Springs, because his feet were hurting.

Once inside, Calvert "helped himself to some food, downed a bottle of champagne and then took a shower," according to Sgt. Jason Radeleff of the Morongo Basin sheriff's station.

The crook was caught when the resident returned home Thursday evening and heard the shower running in his bathroom.

He contacted police, who arrived on the scene and arrested a naked and dripping wet Calvert at gunpoint, San Bernardino County Sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Bachman added.

He was booked on suspicion of residential burglary and ordered held on $25,000 bond, according to the Times.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpps/news/offbeat/burglar-caught-naked-in-shower-dpgonc-km-20120412_19152048#ixzz1ti9F9PaF

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Replies (21-25):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Girl I was thinking that too!! First of all the "naked" in shower,crack me up! How else do you take a shower?

Quoting kitty8199:

Until he is charged they have to say suspicion. That whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Even crimes caught on video the person still "allegedly" did whatever.

Quoting TAG2.0:

Suspicion of residential burglary? How in the hell else is this not just a plain and simple burglary. He entered the house illegally, ate their food and showered. He didnt pay for the food, so he basically stole it. Im not understanding where the suspicion part comes in, do they think the cat let him in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cara5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I understand that, and im not arguing that it shouldnt be happening this way, but I think that its a pretty safe bet that someone who breaks into a home because their feet hurt, hits the food first, the booze second and shower third, is lacking ways to get those needs met in a legal fashion.  If the guy game home an hour later, hed probably have found the man asleep in his bed wearing his fuzzy slippers! 

Im not arguing that there should not be punishment or that the law is wrong, im just saying that something punishment is not the only thing that needs to happen. 

Quoting kitty8199:

You're assuming he needs help. He may have fully planned on taking everything. He may not be mentally ill or homeless. He obviously lacks impulse control. Criminals aren't the smartest, lol.
It isn't what he took that determines the bond it's the crime. He could have broken in and not taken anything and still got a 25k bond.

Quoting Cara5:

He ate some food and took a shower. He wassnt going through the silver or taking the tv off the wall. 

I understand that it is a felony, and that requires the bond to be set high, but this guy obviously needs some help... I wonder if the whole ordeal will simply be to punish him or if hes actually going to be offered any help?

Quoting kitty8199:

For breaking in entering? Its a felony. Those have high bonds.

Quoting Cara5:

Poor guy.  That sounds like someone dealing with some serious and untreated mental illness, hes probably homeless, was hungry and needed a shower.  Im not saying he should have done it, or that the guy was wrong for calling the police, its what I would have done, but $25K???? thats over the top.   

Lauren & Cara MOMS of SIX great kids!!! 

TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I can hear the cops now. 

"Go ahead, Joe.  Read him his rights."

Joe starts reading. When he finishes, he looks at Bob and says, "ok, now what?"

"uh, well, somebody's gotta frisk him, don'tcha think?"

"That's where I draw the line, Bob.  That's where I draw the line."

kitty8199
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
They'll look into that. If he's homeless he will have a different defense.
His feet could've hurt from kicking in the door, lol.
He could've been drunk already. Who knows.

Quoting Cara5:

I understand that, and im not arguing that it shouldnt be happening this way, but I think that its a pretty safe bet that someone who breaks into a home because their feet hurt, hits the food first, the booze second and shower third, is lacking ways to get those needs met in a legal fashion.  If the guy game home an hour later, hed probably have found the man asleep in his bed wearing his fuzzy slippers! 

Im not arguing that there should not be punishment or that the law is wrong, im just saying that something punishment is not the only thing that needs to happen. 

Quoting kitty8199:

You're assuming he needs help. He may have fully planned on taking everything. He may not be mentally ill or homeless. He obviously lacks impulse control. Criminals aren't the smartest, lol.

It isn't what he took that determines the bond it's the crime. He could have broken in and not taken anything and still got a 25k bond.

Quoting Cara5:

He ate some food and took a shower. He wassnt going through the silver or taking the tv off the wall. 

I understand that it is a felony, and that requires the bond to be set high, but this guy obviously needs some help... I wonder if the whole ordeal will simply be to punish him or if hes actually going to be offered any help?

Quoting kitty8199:

For breaking in entering? Its a felony. Those have high bonds.

Quoting Cara5:

Poor guy.  That sounds like someone dealing with some serious and untreated mental illness, hes probably homeless, was hungry and needed a shower.  Im not saying he should have done it, or that the guy was wrong for calling the police, its what I would have done, but $25K???? thats over the top.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Fully clothed. Wash your clothes at the same time, lol.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Girl I was thinking that too!! First of all the "naked" in shower,crack me up! How else do you take a shower?

Quoting kitty8199:

Until he is charged they have to say suspicion. That whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Even crimes caught on video the person still "allegedly" did whatever.

Quoting TAG2.0:

Suspicion of residential burglary? How in the hell else is this not just a plain and simple burglary. He entered the house illegally, ate their food and showered. He didnt pay for the food, so he basically stole it. Im not understanding where the suspicion part comes in, do they think the cat let him in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN