Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you do?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

Scenario 1:

Lets say youre at walmart and youre about to walk into the store when you hear a woman screaming "get out of the car!" You turn and see a woman standing on the side of a red minivan screaming at a individual you cant see at this time. Shes cursing and making threats of bodily harm. You stand there and watch as she opens the door, reaches in and you see her pull a child out. The child looks about 8 and she yanking on his arm trying to get him out of the car. Shes jerking on his arm hard, yelling and cursing at him. She threatens bodily harm( slap the shit out of his ass) again as she drags him into the store. What would you do?

Scenario 2: 

Youre at Walmart and see 2 females in a vehicle shaking a little girl that looks about 2 years old. They are yelling and cursing while violently shaking the girl. The girl is clearly in distress as the women shake her. The females look young, early twenties, possibly. You dont have your kids with you at all. What would you do? 

Both of these scenarios really happened, someone called the police in the second scenario and then refused to talk with the police about what went down. 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

1st one, nothing.  2nd one call 911. 

Saille717
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Well, in the first scenario I wouldn't do anything.  I know plenty of parents who say assinine things like that and threaten their kids with ass paddlings if they don't behave and so on.  I think it's awful, but that's their life and their style and they don't actually beat on their kids.  

In the second situation I would call 911 in a heartbeat, get the license plate number, and record the incident with my phone.  If I thought the child was in real danger I'd knock on the window and ask if there's anything I can help them with and hope that the police showed up before they kick my ass.  Plus, walmarts have cameras that cover every inch of their parking lots so there's plenty of evidence.  

tarakay0417
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Fitst one, I am not sure if I would do anything. A lot of parents make mistakes and say things they don't mean. The second one I would call 911 and tell the cops what I saw.

danie24
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
First one.. shake my head and carry on with what I'm doing.

Second one.. call 911.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM
This

Quoting danie24:

First one.. shake my head and carry on with what I'm doing.

Second one.. call 911.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I'd call the cops on both scenarios.  I mean, what the hell is this crazy woman thinking to treat her child like this?  I know children can take parents to the absolute limit but they're also supposed to be the protectors. 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

1st one, nothing.  2nd one call 911. 

TAG2.0
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting TateTwo:

I'd call the cops on both scenarios.  I mean, what the hell is this crazy woman thinking to treat her child like this?  I know children can take parents to the absolute limit but they're also supposed to be the protectors. 

The first one no one did. We found out about it while investigating a shoplifting case. Ran the plate and turns out the woman is being investigated by CPS for physical abuse. You would have to have heard this woman screm at her child, it was disturbing. Everyone within her vicinity stopped what they were doing and watched, then they all went about their business.

I wouldve intervened in the first scenario and called the cops in the second. I dont like seeing that kind of rage being directed at a child. If it were a man doing that to a woman, I guarantee you people would be calling the cops.

TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I wouldn't have intervened.  That woman was crazy (scenario one) and I'm not physically able to challenge anyone. (although my fighting spirit says "bring it!")

Nope.  Let the cops handle both of them.  Get license plate #'s and photos (video if you can). 

Quoting TAG2.0:

Quoting TateTwo:

The first one no one did. We found out about it while investigating a shoplifting case. Ran the plate and turns out the woman is being investigated by CPS for physical abuse. You would have to have heard this woman screm at her child, it was disturbing. Everyone within her vicinity stopped what they were doing and watched, then they all went about their business.

I wouldve intervened in the first scenario and called the cops in the second. I dont like seeing that kind of rage being directed at a child. If it were a man doing that to a woman, I guarantee you people would be calling the cops.

TAG2.0
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Quoting TateTwo:

I wouldn't have intervened.  That woman was crazy (scenario one) and I'm not physically able to challenge anyone. (although my fighting spirit says "bring it!")

Nope.  Let the cops handle both of them.  Get license plate #'s and photos (video if you can). 

Quoting TAG2.0:

Quoting TateTwo:

She looked like she could knock a person out. I wanted to describe her, but I didnt want people to offended. I wouldve definitely done some video and got a plate number, luckily her plate number was able to be seen on camera.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)