Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post

Scenario 1:

Lets say youre at walmart and youre about to walk into the store when you hear a woman screaming "get out of the car!" You turn and see a woman standing on the side of a red minivan screaming at a individual you cant see at this time. Shes cursing and making threats of bodily harm. You stand there and watch as she opens the door, reaches in and you see her pull a child out. The child looks about 8 and she yanking on his arm trying to get him out of the car. Shes jerking on his arm hard, yelling and cursing at him. She threatens bodily harm( slap the shit out of his ass) again as she drags him into the store. What would you do?

Scenario 2: 

Youre at Walmart and see 2 females in a vehicle shaking a little girl that looks about 2 years old. They are yelling and cursing while violently shaking the girl. The girl is clearly in distress as the women shake her. The females look young, early twenties, possibly. You dont have your kids with you at all. What would you do? 

Both of these scenarios really happened, someone called the police in the second scenario and then refused to talk with the police about what went down. 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-13):
TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a good thing (cameras) because I can't stand to see a kid being physically, verbally and/or emotionally abused.  I don't walk away from things like that - life's too short to hide your head in the sand about such things and the kid will thank you for it whether they know you personally or not. 

I can't stand by and just let it happen or look/walk the other way.  That's just not me and it sends a message to the kid being abused that there are no heroes in his/her world.   No kid should ever think that of any adult.

Quoting TAG2.0:

She looked like she could knock a person out. I wanted to describe her, but I didnt want people to offended. I wouldve definitely done some video and got a plate number, luckily her plate number was able to be seen on camera.

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM

first 1 -sheesh- i mean who really talks to there kid like that...id say something to the mom

2nd i would say something while im calling the cops

TAG2.0
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

first 1 -sheesh- i mean who really talks to there kid like that...id say something to the mom

2nd i would say something while im calling the cops

Thats really awesome you would say something to the parent, not many people would. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)