Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: who decides if a child can get a hair cut in a divorce situation IF THEY CAN NOT AGREE? (child wants certain cut. one parent says ok the other says NO WAY!)

Options:

mom

dad

custodial parent

non-custodial parent

parent of the same sex

parent of the opposite sex

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 74

View Results

she wants something like this but with bangs.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

AS STATED the child wants a hair cut. One parent wants to allow it the other does not.

Quoting Binkxo:

None of the above. THE CHILD. 

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Seems like a non issue. I cut my kids hair when I feel like they need it without discussing it with their dad. When he has them..if he feels lIke they need one...he will take them without asking me. No biggie. He usually just does our sons...and my daughter is 9..so she decides when to cut hers. Why would either parent need permission from the other for a stupid haircut??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Custodial parent- if the child is too young to make the decision... Otherwise the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkxo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Go ahead, take it to the courts then. Ive been threw this before. THE CHILD DECIDES. 

Quoting gypsy_rose:

AS STATED the child wants a hair cut. One parent wants to allow it the other does not.

Quoting Binkxo:

None of the above. THE CHILD. 

Mamie_85
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Depends on how old the child is. My boys are in kindergarten, so in my case I decide. I'm the custodial parent. When they're older, that will be their choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quoting Mamie_85:

Depends on how old the child is. My boys are in kindergarten, so in my case I decide. I'm the custodial parent. When they're older, that will be their choice.

Mamie_85
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I would let my child decide at that age

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Mamie_85:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silvercrow
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM

The Parent the child lives with more then 90% of the time and the child.. parents can piss and whine about it all they want but when push comes to shove its the child's hair... Its hair it grows back and its kinda silly in my opinion to fight over..

chelsieb84
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My daughter is 4 so all she really has to say about her hair is she wants it like Rapunzel's.  Ultimately the decision is mine.  I have full custody, I do ask her dad though as a courtesy.  If she wanted her chopped off I would make sure she talked to her dad first.  Now when she gets older that's a whole different story.  I want to say it's up to the child, but sometimes parental influence is necessary. 

starryeyez23
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM
The child gets to choose their own hair! If they are not old enough to choose, then custodial parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)