Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Holy Huge A$$ Snake, Batman!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just had the crap scared out of me. I was mowing the side yard next to the pool with the push mower. I got done and was moving the mower towards the garden and I just happened to look down and there was this 2 1/2 -3 ft long black, red and yellow SNAKE!!! It scared me so bad that I screamed and ran about 15 feet away from it. I turned around and its got its head up just looking at the pool. Apparently it didn't see me, I was behind it. I am grateful that it didn't see me, I would have been hysterical if it would have bit me. We didn't kill it because by the time my DH got to the area it was in it was already gone. I so need a pistol with snake shot. I am still shaking just thinking about it.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Yuck!!! At our house in MI dh would find many of them!!! Not the red, black and yellow, but just snakes in general. I saw one walking around the lake here. It was brown, like a light bark color, sun bathing on a rock. Yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I live in Tn and we live out in the country so my DH has seen many of them. I however have only seen 3 counting this one, in the 3 years I have been here. And all 3 of them have been this year already. One was a baby that I saw in the garden, one was about 1 foot long that my DH saw first and then I saw it, and then the one I saw today. I hope this isn't a sign that we are being over run with snakes. EEKKK!! We are going to get some Snake Away and put it around the house, pool, and play area. Just to be safe.

Quoting yourpassion:

Yuck!!! At our house in MI dh would find many of them!!! Not the red, black and yellow, but just snakes in general. I saw one walking around the lake here. It was brown, like a light bark color, sun bathing on a rock. Yuck!

mcr17
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

dont you think its a bit cruel to kill a snake for just doing nothing? or are you of the mentality they seek people out to kill them?

mcr17
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

probably a corn snake

Quoting yourpassion:

TateTwo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I remember once when I was a kid running around the corner of a building and stopping dead in my tracks.  SNAKE!

Not the last time I've run across those boogers, either.  Hate snakes.  Even the beneficial ones.

tarakay0417
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quoting mcr17:

dont you think its a bit cruel to kill a snake for just doing nothing? or are you of the mentality they seek people out to kill them?

No I don't think that at all. But since there are several kids at my house at any given time during the summer, I don't want any of them to be bitten. And TN does have venomous snakes and we have seen some of them on our property, so when we see a snake, its a dead one. I would rather kill a snake than see a child bit and then rushed to the hospital.

mcr17
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM

id rather teach my children to not touch wild animals. venemous or non-venemous. i would never think of killing a snake even if it bit me.

Quoting tarakay0417:

Quoting mcr17:

No I don't think that at all. But since there are several kids at my house at any given time during the summer, I don't want any of them to be bitten. And TN does have venomous snakes and we have seen some of them on our property, so when we see a snake, its a dead one. I would rather kill a snake than see a child bit and then rushed to the hospital.

tanya_marieh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Was the red touching yellow or black.  I myself like snakes but would freak just like you if I found it like that.  I jumped because a salamandar came out of nowhere right at me.  :)

tanya_marieh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Red Touch Yellow, Kills a Fellow. Red Touch Black, Friend of Jack.  That's the rhyme I was thinking of when you said the colors. 

TAG2.0
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I wouldve cried, I hate snakes with a passion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN