Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Wait...Your Kid can go to the wedding, but mine can't?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin is getting married in 3 weeks.  It's an adults only ceremony and reception.  I didn't have a babysitter because my enire family is going to the wedding, and I don't have an outside sitter that I use.  I was ok with it.  I was sad I was going to miss it, especially an opportunity for a grown-up night out with DH without our girls. 

Anyway...I was talking to one of my aunt's about it, and telling her that I wasn't upset, I undstand that this is how they want to have their wedding, and I was just abiding by their wishes.  I told her the only thing that would upset me is if other kids that didn't need to be there were, and my kids weren't.  Like kids other than the flower girl or ringbearer.  My aunt, not the mother of the groom, said that as far as she knew the only kids coming were the flower girl, ringbearer and her granddauhgter!  WTF!!  Why does her granddaughter get to go?  She's not in the wedding, she's not a goddaughter, or special to the bride, groom, or my aunt, who is the mother of the groom. The only reason she's going is because my cousin refuses to leave her with anyone.  She's 8 months old, and I actually offered to watch her so they could go.  Of course she turned me down, and told me they would just take her with them.  So I will be home, alone, with my girls, on the day of the wedding while my entire extended family is at the wedding and reception.  GRRRR!!!

Believe it or not, but my aunt who's granddaughter is going had the balls to try and justify to me the reason my babies couldn't go was because they would have to pay full price for the kids.  Ok, so are they paying full price for your granddaughter to be there?  This is the aunt that is not in the wedding or have anything ot do with it.  WTF!!??  MAD!!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Replies (11-13):
meghansmommy987
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM
I totally understand. I also had an issue with my cousin's wedding. My dd was 8 months & EBF. Only I was a bridesmaid, so had to be there. My cousin didn't want children there, because of the grooms nephew (long story) but she let my dd come to wedding and my husband followed in the car while we did pictures. I couldn't enjoy the night & my mom missed the reception. *My mom took my dd to my sisters house until I could leave*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Ok. That is messed up. A 5 month old isn't eating food either. A 2 year old won't need a plate.

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

Oops!  I meant to include that.  My girls are 2 and 5 months.  So if it is a cost issue, my 2 year old would be eating off of our plate anyway and the 5 month old wouldn't be eating either, obviously.  My cousins baby is not EBF, so she could leave her with me and bottles.  And I haven't said anything to, the bride, groom, or my aunt who is the mother of the groom.  I'm just pissed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I'm sorry! I can see how that would be hurtful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN