Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: flutter523

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, flutter523, spends most of her time in the December 2009 Babies group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

My favorite moment as a mom was the first night in the hospital with my son.  It was a long day with lots of visitors and wooziness from the anesthesia.  Late at night when I was feeding him one more time before trying to get some sleep I finally had a moment alone with him.  I sang Happy Birthday to him.  Every year since, I steal a few moments alone with him before bed to sing him that song, just us.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I'm loyal to the December 09 Babies group. Those ladies have become great friends that I'll keep forever.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

It's a great place to get advice and realize you're not alone in your ignorance about raising kids. We all thought we would be perfect parents....then we had kids.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

I enjoy baking and decorating cakes and I'm also reviving my love of volleyball and playing this summer for the first time since I was pregnant with my ds

5. What are your favorites:
Book: anything by Jodi Picoult
Movie
: The Little Mermaid
Song
:  "You and Me" by Kenny Chesney
Food
: ice cream
Place to travel to
: the ocean

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Kate Hudson...She seems so laid back and lets her son be who he wants to be

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Leave the dishes and the laundry and enjoy the couch naps and cuddles.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Loyal

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to train dolphins.  I now teach 6th grade special education

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

Nicole Kidman, I'd like to spend some quality time with Keith Urban ;0)

Now answer her question for YOU:

What was your favorite outfit for your LO?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Barabell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Nice to meet you, flutter523.

My son is 12, and so he's not really a LO anymore. :-) But I do love him in orange, which is usually a color I don't like on people. He has a dark blue shirt with orange trim that looks great on him.

momma2girls250
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Hello flutter523,I liked ur answers&ur son&horse are absolutly beautiful&cute!!<3 ..... I love my daughter cass' 1st lil minnie mouse pink and white matching set when she was only about a year old. I loved my 2cnd daughter leelee's lil baby blue dress she wore for her pictures when she was only a month old!! Awww,takes me back,8&15 yrs ago ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazzy21508
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I always loved seeing my daughter in onesies..... Her skin was so soft and had rolls everywhere! I just loved looking at her with barely anything on. PRECIOUS!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)