Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Frozen Cows In Cabin About to Be Sawed to Bits by Media - Have you heard of anything like this happening before?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Frozen Cows In Cabin About to Be Sawed to Bits by Media

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on May 3, 2012

frozen cowsI bet "sawing up frozen cows" was not in the job description, but three Forest Service staff members have been assigned to the macabre task of doing just that. There is a cabin in a remote part of the Colorado Rockies, 8 miles from any road, where six cows wandered inside when they got separated from the herd. Snowshoers stumbled upon the startling scene a few weeks ago and now some unlucky folks have been told to go in that there cabin, and get to work a sawin'.

The motivation is that it'll be a lot easier to deal with these dead bovines now, when they're frozen, then when they're thawed.

Authorities thought long and hard about how to handle this chilling, and chilly, situation, and even considered blowing the cabin to bits with dynamite, or setting fire to the whole thing. Eventually, they settled on sending three ranch hands, three Forest Service guys, and three members of the media into the structure to carve the cows into pieces. Once the gruesome job is done, the frozen body parts will be laid out in the forest for bears and/or Bear Grylls to enjoy.

Listen, I know it sounds terrible and all, but since I'm a meat eater, I can't really take any high-ground here when it comes to what the Forest Service has decided to do with this peculiar situation. They can't just sit around, spinning their veals, heffing and sawing. I mean spinning their wheels, hemming and hawing! Whoops.

Anyway, probably the most interesting part of this bizarre story is that three members of the media are heading to the little cabin of horrors to report on whatever happens. How many photos do we really need, guys? How many eye-witness accounts? The fact that a simple frozen cow cutting endeavour can turn into a media frenzy is fantastic. No stone left unturned, people. No stone. Just doing my part.

Have you heard of anything like this happening before?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TateTwo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM

nope.  this is a first.

LyTe684
by Tasha on May. 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Ummm speechless... Yeah... o_O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

How very strange. The frozen cows in the cabin part, not the hacking them with a chain saw part. I mean it would be very odd to just blow the cabin up. I wonder if they are removing them before cutting them up or if they will do it in the cabin in order to remove them. They got in there on their own so I would think they could get them out whole.
I wonder why they are sending media in there, who wants to watch that shit?

kitty8199
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I feel bad for the poor frozen to death cows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyDaisy123
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Quoting kitty8199:

ditto.  I can't imagine the fear and if there was any pain in freezing to death!  Oh those poor cows.  And yea, why does the media have to be involved.  It's a sad unfortunate act of mother nature.

kitty8199
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
And with that comment, now I'm wondering about all the stuff I don't know about., lol

Quoting CrazyDaisy123:

Quoting kitty8199:

ditto.  I can't imagine the fear and if there was any pain in freezing to death!  Oh those poor cows.  And yea, why does the media have to be involved.  It's a sad unfortunate act of mother nature.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Just to ease your mind a little, freezing to death is probably pretty painless as far as death goes. You basically just slip away. I mean once the hypothermia sets in you don't feel anything anymore anyway. 
As for how the cows felt, they probably felt safe inside the cabin together, it would be more sad if there was only one in there by herself freezing to death you know? 

Quoting kitty8199:

And with that comment, now I'm wondering about all the stuff I don't know about., lol

Quoting CrazyDaisy123:

Quoting kitty8199:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN