Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did you marry the whole family?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 61 Replies
Do you believe in that saying? That you marry the whole family?

How do you feel about that saying?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

In my family you do. Love us or not you are part of us. I love it myself. My immediate family is my 5 siblings and their spouses, our 19 children between us and 11 soon to be 13 grandkids. We are all close and would kill for each other. I think that families that don't are missing out on so much.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I think you know my answer to this.

offrdngal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No...that doesn't go, here.  I don't talk to my family and he doesn't talk to his family...so basically the only family we have, is in our house.

JvilleMom125
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Same here.

Dh family is psycotic and mine are drug addicted homeless idiots.

Quoting offrdngal:

No...that doesn't go, here.  I don't talk to my family and he doesn't talk to his family...so basically the only family we have, is in our house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM
No

Elyssa414
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Yep. I wouldn't choose my spouse based on their family- because you can't help where you come from, but as my in-laws, they are family. The good AND the bad. I will support them and celebrate with them just like my own family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I definitely did! I feel it is true because even if you don't like someone in the family, you're stuck with them. Unless you and your dh don't see the part of the family you don't like...lol we don't see the people dh and I don't like in either side of the family. But I do see his mom and dad and sister all the time. And i'm totally cool with it. They're part of my family now. And I really mean it since they get along really well with my parents and sister too. We've become a huge family instead of sides =) it is really nice!
atlshine
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I wish my family wasn't so judgmental. We could have a big happy family like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Really depends on the relationship that your spouse has with their family. In our case, I didn't marry into my husband's family, but he married into mine. He called my parents Mom and Dad, and he talks to them more than his biological parents.

kitty8199
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Agreed. I've dated guys super close to their family and one that didn't talk to them at all. I talked to his mom more than he did. Shed call me bc he wouldn't talk to her.

Quoting Barabell:

Really depends on the relationship that your spouse has with their family. In our case, I didn't marry into my husband's family, but he married into mine. He called my parents Mom and Dad, and he talks to them more than his biological parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN