Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Best Thrift Store Find.... EVER!! Edit: Final picture! It's done!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 40 Replies
3 moms liked this

I paid $30 for this beauty, totally in working order, only cosmetically rusted (and the paint is peeling), and ready for my dad to sink it into the ground next to the nuggets playset! I can't even begin to tell you how fucking excited I am to strip this bitch down and make her all shiney and new again!

I know I'm a freak, and it is totally possible that I'm posting this in more then one group... I'm THAT excited! lol!
I don't even know where you would buy one of these new, I mean I've only seen them at the playground.

Has anyone else ever had the most amazing thrift store, garage sale, free on the curb find?

So we went from that to this...

To This!!!

I'm just waiting for the super runny gold spray paint to dry and then I'll paint the eye and hooves. Probably silver but maybe black. I wanted to do gold but it's way too runny to paint on the bottom there.
Looks like a whole different horse!! I googled this particular horse on ebay and it's going for $676, I've spent a total of $66 on it total.

Final!
I don't think I want to paint the hooves. I like it one color like that. Anywho. I put eyes on it now. and it's ready to be clear coated and then put back on it's base. Then sunk into concrete in the yard as soon as the ground dries up a little. I'll throw a final final photo up here when I put it back together.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juicebox.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

OMG That IS the coolest find ever!!!!

maciymommieof3
by Angie on May. 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM

LUCKY.....

How totally freakin' cool.... and It's sooooo YOU :)

Love it.

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

Susan3kids
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Great find. My mom found a old school desk and chair at a church yard sale for $5 today.  It's in perfect condition.

Mel0dy
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I love the thrift store lol I found a awesome baby toy the other day, brand new you would be paying over 50 bucks and I only paid $5 :)

redneckmama2
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM

My MIL got an awesome old rocking horse for the kids for 7 dollars at the thrift store :) she has had it for like 5 years now and it is still in great condition :)

MIA0223
by Michelle on May. 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM
That's cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkjimmies06
by Jaime on May. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

R

Speaking of cool, my moms neighbor has one of these. Do I ever miss having one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allsolittle
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM
We have one of those, only its like 2 times bigger, the kids love it!

Quoting pinkjimmies06:

R

Speaking of cool, my moms neighbor has one of these. Do I ever miss having one!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I went to a yard sale today and the lady had a cvs reusuable bag stuffed ful of vera bradley purses all lightly used if at all. I asked her how much she said ten bucks. I said each and she said no the entire bag. LOL my older girls are gonna love them. The little guy picked a pink one and has been walking around with all afternoon saying mommy I got a pretty bag. My hubby is gonna love that. lol

heartnhidin
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

That is awesome! I love yard sale season

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)