Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Trampoline users! ER visit!

Posted by   + Show Post
We have a trampoline with the net that goes all around it. So we think they can't fall out. Well tonight, my 7 year old son was getting off the trampoline and ended up falling out of the opening of the net. I knew immediately something was broken. He fell on his arm. Broke the larger bone in his arm and it went on top of the smaller bone. So he had to be put to sleep and have it set. My dh stayed in the room but I didn't, while the dr set it. My son was a trooper! Didn't cry at all while putting the iv. Poor guy! I believe the trampoline is going in the trash first thing in the morning!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Replies (61-67):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

My point was accidents can happen anywhere.  If your son feel off his swingset and broke his arm would you get rid of the swingset?  If your son fell over the handle bars of his bike and broke something would you get rid of the bike?  The trampoline isn't unsafe it simply was a freak accident and that was all I was trying to get across. 

Quoting kimsamomof3:

Trampoline and couches are two entirely different items. Couches aren't meant for jumping, trampolines are. so yes, if I feel that its too dangerous to have, I will get rid of it.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Accidents happen it isn't the trampolines fault it isn't your son's fault, it was an accident.  My son fell off the couch and fractured his skull we didn't get rid of our couch.

silvercrow
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM

That's all most of us were saying and to answer the question.. based on what she said and all her responses since yes she would give the swing-set and bike away if they caused a freak accident..

Quoting fullxbusymom:

My point was accidents can happen anywhere.  If your son feel off his swingset and broke his arm would you get rid of the swingset?  If your son fell over the handle bars of his bike and broke something would you get rid of the bike?  The trampoline isn't unsafe it simply was a freak accident and that was all I was trying to get across. 

Quoting kimsamomof3:

Trampoline and couches are two entirely different items. Couches aren't meant for jumping, trampolines are. so yes, if I feel that its too dangerous to have, I will get rid of it.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Accidents happen it isn't the trampolines fault it isn't your son's fault, it was an accident.  My son fell off the couch and fractured his skull we didn't get rid of our couch.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Well that is ridiculous in my opinion.

Quoting silvercrow:

That's all most of us were saying and to answer the question.. based on what she said and all her responses since yes she would give the swing-set and bike away if they caused a freak accident..

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting kimsamomof3:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I broke my collarbone running after a football. Accidents happen. There's no need to go throwing out the trampoline, just be more careful. I don't think your son needs to lose his trampoline on top of having a broken arm.

bcharadva
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Poor kid. Hope he feels well Soon!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll13
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Poor guy, broken bones are no fun.  

With that tho, I have 5 brothers, and we always had a trampoline, no netting.  You broke something, you learned to be more careful (or just avoid getting on with the more rambunctious of the crew).

danie24
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM
We are building the kids a big playground in our yard over the next few weeks and we are getting a trampoline.

Hubby is digging a hole in the ground and putting the trampoline at ground level.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN