Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trampoline users! ER visit!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this
We have a trampoline with the net that goes all around it. So we think they can't fall out. Well tonight, my 7 year old son was getting off the trampoline and ended up falling out of the opening of the net. I knew immediately something was broken. He fell on his arm. Broke the larger bone in his arm and it went on top of the smaller bone. So he had to be put to sleep and have it set. My dh stayed in the room but I didn't, while the dr set it. My son was a trooper! Didn't cry at all while putting the iv. Poor guy! I believe the trampoline is going in the trash first thing in the morning!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Ouch! Poor kiddo. I'm sorry Mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Aww! Poor kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by Angie on May. 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM

ouch! I am sorry...poor baby..Also, thanks for sharing..I am in the market for a trampoline..this will make me think twice!

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

Aslen
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow... Accidents happen... Instead of it teaching your child to be more careful, youre teaching him its always someone or something else's fault. Why wasnt there stairs or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow,right back at you. I am not teaching my child it's someone or something's else's fault. Glad you know my life and how I raise my kids. It's interesting how people think they know everything about everything. And what gives you the impression that there isn't stairs? Are you also clairvoyant?

Quoting Aslen:

Wow... Accidents happen... Instead of it teaching your child to be more careful, youre teaching him its always someone or something else's fault. Why wasnt there stairs or something?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

That is one of the reasons we do not have one. When my older ones were little I decided that was one toy they were not getting. Too many of the kids friends broke bones on them. did you know when more than one person is jumping on it the chances of breaking a bone is higher because the first jump makes the trampoline fabric taunt if the next jumper is jumping and coming down at around the same time it is like jumping on cement.

silvercrow
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM

we use to have one we used the Pool Ladder for getting in and out of the Trampoline.. We are getting a new one because one of my 4 is in gymnastics and it will help her. I'm sorry that your little one got hurt but your wording of the situation does imply your placing blame. I have to agree with Aslen. Accidents happen the real lesson is to be more careful and maybe better supervision. No one is Implying anything more then what is in what you said.

silvercrow
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My three use to bounce together all the time. I get what your saying though.

Quoting steveiguana:

That is one of the reasons we do not have one. When my older ones were little I decided that was one toy they were not getting. Too many of the kids friends broke bones on them. did you know when more than one person is jumping on it the chances of breaking a bone is higher because the first jump makes the trampoline fabric taunt if the next jumper is jumping and coming down at around the same time it is like jumping on cement.

masonsmommy107
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Was he crawling out head first?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emelymac
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Poor kid! I wouldn't get rid of the trampoline though...seems like a bit much, imo. The odds of that happening again are pretty slim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)