Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

He's getting his heart!! UPDATE!!! in comments!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 46 Replies

My nephew Jason aka "Little Man" was taken up to Children's hospital last night to get his new heart last night (5-6-12) Im sending this email to all of you and Im asking everyone to keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He is 6 years old and has been in and out of the hospital since he was born. He is the best little boy. He is always smiling and happy despite going thru surgeries and illnesses his entire life. I would also like to ask you to pray for the family who so unselfishly donated their child's heart so that another child could live. I thank you in advance for your prayers.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

THINKING OF HIM!! Happy Heart Day! :):):):)

steveiguana
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM

wonderful and without the donors undo-able so special prayers to them for peace in the choices they made and peace with the passing of their loved one. Will pray all goes well for your nephew and your family as well.

kitty8199
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Bittersweet. He's getting a heart, but someone just lost a child.
Praying for both families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Amen!!

Quoting steveiguana:

wonderful and without the donors undo-able so special prayers to them for peace in the choices they made and peace with the passing of their loved one. Will pray all goes well for your nephew and your family as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thinking of all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

That is wonderful news.  I will keep him and his family in my prayers, also the child who gave him this beautiful gift.

Barabell
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Wonderful news!

lostosbourne
by Audi on May. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Update! He is off bypass and doing better then expected!! They expect to be able to close up soon! All of your prayers are working full speed!! Thank you so much everyone!! He is such a strong little guy!

lostosbourne
by Audi on May. 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Just talked to Little Man’s mommy. She said he is out of surgery and doing well. They couldn’t close his chest cuz everytime they tried his pressures would drop. So they are leaving it open for a day or two. This is common and should resolve itself in a day or 2. They will then take him back to surgery and close his chest. All in all he is doing amazingly well. Jen wanted me to thank all of  you for your thoughts and prayers and said please keep them coming as the next few days will be critical ones.

steveiguana
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

glad he is doing well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN