Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Missing dog found for sale on Craigslist Police: animal was stolen from dog owners backyard

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

When a pet is missing, one of the first places people look is at an animal shelter, but Baker County animal lovers Jeanna and Edwin Drew found their missing pup listed for sale on Craigslist.  

Near the end of April the Drew's noticed their blue nosed Pit bull named Thunder was missing from their fenced-in backyard. They said it was impossible for the dog to escape, but started looking for their dog as if it had runaway. 

After speaking with the animal shelter in Baker County the Drews were advised to check Craiglist. The shelter told them that several dogs were stolen and then put up for sale on the site. When the Drews started looking, they found an ad posted the same day with a description that matched their dog. When they contacted the person on the listing, they were told it was too late and that their dog had been sold. The Drews said they even offered double the amount listed to get him back.  

Next, they contacted police, who were able to contact the buyer and get Thunder back in the home he belonged. 

The buyer then led police to Timothy Weaver. Police said Weaver is the person who stole the dog from the Drews yard, posted him on Craigslist and sold him to an unknowing buyer.  

Police arrested Weaver on multiple charges, including criminal mischief, grand theft and dealing with stolen property. Weaver was released from jail on a signature bond.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
danie24
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Jesus people are bold.

I'd like to see them try to take my dog LOL they'd lose their hand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM

im just happy they got their fur baby back

mcr17
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

poor puppy, he must have been so scared.simple frown

TateTwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

How did the owners of the dog find out exactly who bought the dog?  I thought the actual sale was private. 

Oh, wait, the idiot who stole it told them the names of the people who bought it from him. 

Sheer genius, I tell you.  Sheer genius.

tarakay0417
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
That is awful! I am glad they got their pup back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I hope that person is charged with something decent for stealing a family pet. SMH

Also, I think Craigslist has a found pet section. If I lost a pet or found one, I would post it on there in addition to contacting the vet and animal shelters.

Craigslist allows someone to charge a rehoming fee, but they can't say they're selling a pet. It's weird.

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
poor puppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)