Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We All Have One - But Do You Know Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes they're in front of of us, sometimes they're behind us, sometimes they're taller than we are, and sometimes they're shorter! So why do we even have shadows in the first place? Watch to find out!

Have you ever been stumped by a question your kid has asked (like this one about shadows)?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-19):
Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I did the same with my two, but when my nephew asked, the same answer didn't work for him. He needed further detail before he was satisfied, lol.

Quoting EireLass:

When my kids asked about shadows I explained the sunlight to them. I explained why shadows exist. It was pretty easy for them to understand.

jerzeetomato
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I miss those kind of questions!  Now I have teens and some days its a crap shoot if they are talking to me at all!

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

DD recently asked me "Why is the water in the river green when it is in the river, but when you pick it up it turns clear?"  I told her we would look it up when we got home.  The answer was, because of  the algea in the river water, but I decided to look up the answer with dd so I could avoid a simple answer resulting in me giving a complicated science lesson that she wouldn't understand. We found a book on our shelf that explained her question in simple, kid friendly terms. I even learned some facts I didn't know.  It was a win win.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

how cute :) 

maciymommieof3
by Angie on May. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

LOL...cute..and what a great question!

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jerzeetomato:

I miss those kind of questions!  Now I have teens and some days its a crap shoot if they are talking to me at all!

I know exactly what you mean! =)

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I have been stumped a few times! Sometimes I wondered where he even heard that? But he loved his shadow! You could always see him looking at it and dancing around to watch what would happen! 

Barabell
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I can't remember the last question my son asked me that stumped me. He has always been curious about the world around us, but never asked a lot of "why" questions.
Barabell
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
The shadow puppets in the video are cute though....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)