Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did you name your child after anyone "odd"?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 2 DD's don't have usual names (Brittany & Rebecca). And really neither do my boys- UNLESS you really think about them.

Oldest is Ryan Mackenzie- after an old soap Another WOrld- lead character Mackenzie Corey & his son Ryan.

4th child (2nd DS) is named Logan Scott- after Wolverine & Cyclops from The X-Men.

5th child- Shawn Angelus- Angelus being after Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
dayskitty
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD's 3 girls have what I think are beautiful names: Alison FAITH:Melanie HOPE and Samantha JOY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess821
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not purposely.. But both my kids names are names of trains on Thomas.
I didn't realize it until ds once said "look she's Elimy (emily) just like my sister! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandamarielee
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I fell in love with the name Morgaine from The Mists of Avalon. I researched the name and came upon a celtic Goddess named Morrigan. So my daughters name is Morrigan Adara. My son is just common Matthew David.

Ihatelaundry
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I got my sons name after hearing it as the last name of a motorcycle rider......Grayson.
ragdoll13
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM

We are too!   DD doesn't have a Civil War name, but our new baby will be Acastius Lafayette.  We looked at a lot of Civil War family records and the historical markers around our favourite areas to find the names.   We thought about Ulysses as well

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

my son's middle name is after Ulysses S. Grant (Grant). My dad found that odd hehe

my daughter is named after a Civil War battle

I'm a Civil War buff if ya can't tell ;)

Chelly4.588.8
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My oldest first name is a mix between his father and my name Travelle (Travis/Michelle)

My second is Isaac Alexander (both names) is named from Golden Sun

My third is Xavier, named after Professor Xavier in X-Men

& my fourth will be Zelda from the Legend of Zelda series

michelles
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I am named Farrah...after Farrah Fawcett...not too many Farrah's out there! I go by my middle name Michelle...my sons middle name is Matthew and my daughter is Mickaela...all three of us share the M! One day I plan on getting a monogram tattoo of our initials...LMI...Logan Matthew, Michelle, Mickaela Irene!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Nope, I wanted my son to have his own identity.  I refuse to name children after anyone or even share a name with anyone we know.

lovemy3littles
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My oldest is Donovan Kane - named after my mom (Donna) and hubby's childhood dog (Kane)

My middle baby is Johnathan Kash - named after hubby's best friend who passed away (Johnathan) and then obviously Kash.. to make him Johnny Cash.  :-)

My baby girl is Kaiya Rae - She's not really named "after" anyone, but her initials are the first letters of mine and hubby's names.. (Kelly and Roger). 

2metalbabies
by Jene on May. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I wanted to name my youngest morrigan, by my hubby said it sounded too evil. I am Irish and it as it turns out both my girls's names have Celtic origins. Off topic, but when my hubby and I hit out ten yr anniversary, I got him an engagement ring that had a celtic engravings on it.

Quoting amandamarielee:

I fell in love with the name Morgaine from The Mists of Avalon. I researched the name and came upon a celtic Goddess named Morrigan. So my daughters name is Morrigan Adara. My son is just common Matthew David.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)