Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Will football cease to exist in 30 years? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Will football disappear? More concussion lawsuits against NFL

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (21-22):
logicgirl
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I saw a news report on this and it is interesting. I have always loved football, love watching it (especially pro). However, so many people are getting permanently injured from what I read. You have NFL players who can't remember playing ten or twenty years after they retired. The problem to me is there are a lot of undiagnosed concussions and injuries going back to middle school or high school. They don't have the medical staffs to access it. Imagine how many times a person who has played their entire life has been knocked silly. By the time they are a junior or senior in college or a professional player, they have probably had their bell rung dozens of times. What I think is football will still exist but they are going to keep changing some rules and eventually it is going to decline in popularity (The NFL and college football get huge ratings) where there will still be some fans but not nearly as many and the pro players aren't going to make as much money due to lack of ratings and have to consider if they want to play or not. I suspect more and more parents are going to prevent their kids from playing too.

bookworm14
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope it never goes away!! Die-hard fan over here!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)