Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

this PC stuff is getting a tad ridiculous

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
They keep discribing suspects on the news for a few things. I've seen this for a while now.
They go into tons of details. Like this last one they discribed his clothes, height, weight, haircut, facial hair, but the one thing they forgot-race.
So everyone be on the lookout for a 20 year old male, about 5'10",in jeans and a tshirt with a buzz cut and a 3 inch long goatee.
White, black, hispanic, asian? Don't know but he's trying to kidnap kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

ROFLMAO.  Usually, that is the first thing they say it, white, black or asian.  Oh, what is the world coming to now? 

kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I've noticed it for a while here. They never tell the race.

Quoting atlmom2:

ROFLMAO.  Usually, that is the first thing they say it, white, black or asian.  Oh, what is the world coming to now? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I haven't notice that before. Interesting.

Barabell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Also, I don't think ignoring skin color should be PC.

In fact, it makes up part of who we are, and so it's actually kind of insulting--in my view--to intentially ignore someone's skin color. Judging people on skin color is wrong, but just ignoring it completely is wrong too. (Obviously judging people on it is worse... But both are wrong, IMO.)

kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I agree. You are who you are. I just don't understand why they won't tell what race a suspect is lately here.

Quoting Barabell:

Also, I don't think ignoring skin color should be PC.

In fact, it makes up part of who we are, and so it's actually kind of insulting--in my view--to intentially ignore someone's skin color. Judging people on skin color is wrong, but just ignoring it completely is wrong too. (Obviously judging people on it is worse... But both are wrong, IMO.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN